Holly Bobo Kidnap, Murder Case: Who is Arrested Tennessee Man, Zachary Adams?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 6, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Three years after Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo disappeared, authorities have said that they arrested an individual in connection with the case.
Three years after Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo disappeared, authorities have arrested Zahary Adams in connection. Who is he?
Zachery Rye Adams, 29, was arrested last week on an unrelated aggravated assault charge and is being held in the Chester County Jail, authorities said at a news conference. The man is now charged with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in connection to the 20-year-old's disappearance from her Decatur County home in April 2011.
Victim Holly Bobo, who is a cousin of country singer Whitney Duncan, was last seen on April 13 2011 by her brother. He told the authorities that he saw a man in hunting garb leading Bobo away from the family home in Darden, located about 90 miles southwest of Nashville.
On the morning of her disappearance, Holly Bobo had been preparing to go to her class at the nursing school.
The rural community has been holding regular vigils and the family members had been hoping to find Bobo alive.
Holly Boby's search and the hunt for her killer has been the most exhaustive in terms of staff hours and expense, the authorities have said.
"It's taken us three years to get to this point," Tennessee Bureau of Investigation director Mark Gwyn said. "We can't mess it up," he added.
Who is Zachary Adams?
The 29-year-old Zachary Adams has been called as a 'neighbor' of Holly Bobo, as per the reports by NY Daily. However, Adam's Decatur County house being searched by police was located 15 miles from Bobo's home, according to an article published by CBS News, on 3 March. .
He was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping on Wednesday in connection to the nursing student's disappearance.
The man has been behind bars since Friday, when he was arrested on an unrelated aggravated assault charge.
He appeared in court on Monday morning in the unrelated case, in which he's accused of holding a gun to a woman's head at his home on 6 February and threatening to gut her with a knife, Jackson Sun reported.
On the same day, it was reported that the Tennessee man's home was searched in connection with the case of the long-missing nursing student, Holly Bobo.
Investigators from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation have been searching Adams' property since last Friday.
Investigators didn't say what they were searching for, but at least two vehicles were reportedly taken away from the property and a cadaver dog was brought in.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date