Holly Bobo Kidnap, Murder Case: Who is Arrested Tennessee Man, Zachary Adams?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 6, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Three years after Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo disappeared, authorities have said that they arrested an individual in connection with the case.
Three years after Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo disappeared, authorities have arrested Zahary Adams in connection. Who is he?
Zachery Rye Adams, 29, was arrested last week on an unrelated aggravated assault charge and is being held in the Chester County Jail, authorities said at a news conference. The man is now charged with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in connection to the 20-year-old's disappearance from her Decatur County home in April 2011.
Victim Holly Bobo, who is a cousin of country singer Whitney Duncan, was last seen on April 13 2011 by her brother. He told the authorities that he saw a man in hunting garb leading Bobo away from the family home in Darden, located about 90 miles southwest of Nashville.
On the morning of her disappearance, Holly Bobo had been preparing to go to her class at the nursing school.
The rural community has been holding regular vigils and the family members had been hoping to find Bobo alive.
Holly Boby's search and the hunt for her killer has been the most exhaustive in terms of staff hours and expense, the authorities have said.
"It's taken us three years to get to this point," Tennessee Bureau of Investigation director Mark Gwyn said. "We can't mess it up," he added.
Who is Zachary Adams?
The 29-year-old Zachary Adams has been called as a 'neighbor' of Holly Bobo, as per the reports by NY Daily. However, Adam's Decatur County house being searched by police was located 15 miles from Bobo's home, according to an article published by CBS News, on 3 March. .
He was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping on Wednesday in connection to the nursing student's disappearance.
The man has been behind bars since Friday, when he was arrested on an unrelated aggravated assault charge.
He appeared in court on Monday morning in the unrelated case, in which he's accused of holding a gun to a woman's head at his home on 6 February and threatening to gut her with a knife, Jackson Sun reported.
On the same day, it was reported that the Tennessee man's home was searched in connection with the case of the long-missing nursing student, Holly Bobo.
Investigators from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation have been searching Adams' property since last Friday.
Investigators didn't say what they were searching for, but at least two vehicles were reportedly taken away from the property and a cadaver dog was brought in.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage