Sonam Kapoor Finalised as Salman Khan's Heroine in Sooraj Barjatya Film
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 6, 2014 7:22 PM EST
Sonam Kapoor has finally been cast opposite Salman Khan in the new Sooraj Barjatya film, ending months of speculations.
The 28-year-old actress confirmed her association with the Barjatya project, which has been in the news after first choice female lead Deepika Padukone opted out.
Sonam Kapoor at the 3rd edition of L'Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards nominees announcement.
Kapoor, who has already worked with Khan in her debut film "Saawariya" (2007), is expected to portray a traditional Barjatya heroine in the lines of Bhagyashree in "Maine Pyaar Kiya" (1989) and Madhuri Dixit in "Hum Aapke Hain Koun" (1994).
"I am doing that film... I am very very excited about it. It is for the second time I will be working with him (Salman). I am looking forward to work with Soorajji. The film will show me in a different light... I cannot reveal anything about my role," Kapoor told PTI.
The family drama, which will see Barjatya and Khan reuniting after 15 years, is almost done with the casting. The news of Neil Nitin Mukesh and Armaan Kohli being cast as Khan's brothers had surfaced a few days ago.
Meanwhile, reports of the film's satellite rights being sold have also come up. It has been reported that Barjatya's Rajarshi Productions have parted with the broadcast rights of the film to Khan, in the event of his pre-signed deal with Star group.
The superstar had signed a magnanimous deal of 500 crores with the Star network early last year, enabling his releases from 2013 to 2017 to be telecast in Star channels. The actor's new film will be aired on Star Gold, reported Mumbai Mirror.
Kapooor, on the other hand, appears to be in a lucky spot this year with several interesting offers in her kitty. Apart from the Barjatya film, she has YRF's "Bewakoofiyaan" awaiting release. She has also finished filming the "Khubsurat" remake and will start working on Arbaaz Khan's "Dolly Ki Doli" now. Also, Kapoor is set to feature as a dynamic young politician in the adaptation of Anuja Chauhan's best-selling novel "Battle for Bittora".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar