Sonam Kapoor Finalised as Salman Khan's Heroine in Sooraj Barjatya Film
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 6, 2014 7:22 PM EST
Sonam Kapoor has finally been cast opposite Salman Khan in the new Sooraj Barjatya film, ending months of speculations.
The 28-year-old actress confirmed her association with the Barjatya project, which has been in the news after first choice female lead Deepika Padukone opted out.
Sonam Kapoor at the 3rd edition of L'Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards nominees announcement.
Kapoor, who has already worked with Khan in her debut film "Saawariya" (2007), is expected to portray a traditional Barjatya heroine in the lines of Bhagyashree in "Maine Pyaar Kiya" (1989) and Madhuri Dixit in "Hum Aapke Hain Koun" (1994).
"I am doing that film... I am very very excited about it. It is for the second time I will be working with him (Salman). I am looking forward to work with Soorajji. The film will show me in a different light... I cannot reveal anything about my role," Kapoor told PTI.
The family drama, which will see Barjatya and Khan reuniting after 15 years, is almost done with the casting. The news of Neil Nitin Mukesh and Armaan Kohli being cast as Khan's brothers had surfaced a few days ago.
Meanwhile, reports of the film's satellite rights being sold have also come up. It has been reported that Barjatya's Rajarshi Productions have parted with the broadcast rights of the film to Khan, in the event of his pre-signed deal with Star group.
The superstar had signed a magnanimous deal of 500 crores with the Star network early last year, enabling his releases from 2013 to 2017 to be telecast in Star channels. The actor's new film will be aired on Star Gold, reported Mumbai Mirror.
Kapooor, on the other hand, appears to be in a lucky spot this year with several interesting offers in her kitty. Apart from the Barjatya film, she has YRF's "Bewakoofiyaan" awaiting release. She has also finished filming the "Khubsurat" remake and will start working on Arbaaz Khan's "Dolly Ki Doli" now. Also, Kapoor is set to feature as a dynamic young politician in the adaptation of Anuja Chauhan's best-selling novel "Battle for Bittora".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?