‘The Fall’ Season 2 Has Begun Production, ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Jamie Dornan is Back as Paul Spector
By Riza Ornos | March 6, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Now that "Fifty Shades of Grey" production is wrapping up, Christian Grey in the flesh Jamie Dornan is back in home country Ireland to begin filming with his wildly anticipated BBC Two's crime drama series. "The Fall" season 2 production officially begins on Feb. 24, days after Jaime concluded his shooting in Vancouver.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
Fans of the crime drama series are all excited as Northern Ireland hunk will reprise her role as Paul Spector. Based on Belfast, "The Fall" tells the story of Stella Gibson (Gillian Anderson), a senior police officer investigating a string of murders and Paul Spector who is behind all the gory murders.
BBC Two Tweet-announced the beginning of production with a photo of the show's clapboard, which indicates the season 2 of "The Fall" was in production. The show's production will have two major parts: half of the production focuses on Stella's investigation while the other half focuses on Paul Spector's life as grieving counselor, father and a husband who likes to murder pretty women.
Now that the mystery element has been eliminated, season 2 will focus on the cat and mouse game. This is the season where Paul tries to stalk and kill his next victim while Stella tries to paste all the puzzles and solve the murder.
According to UK site TV Wise, Alan Cubitt will be replacing season 1 director Jacob Verbruggen. With this new change, fans are hoping that Cubitt can maintain the show's outstanding pace and tone for the upcoming season.
"The Fall" season 1 was hailed as BBC Two's highest rated drama launch in eight years and since May 2013 Cubitt and his writers has been working on the scripts. Former "X-Files" star Gillian Anderson is the show's executive producer and wills star for another season.
When asked about playing a murderer, Dornan revealed that playing Paul Spector is not a walk in the park. "After every one of those scenes, when they'd say, 'Cut!' I was saying, 'Oh my God I'm so sorry," says the new father in an interview with Mirror. I'm going to untie your feet here. Is that OK?'
"Because I am not that guy. I did my best to slip out of it as soon as 'cut' was called.You don't want to be in that head space all the time. Certain actors would but I remember thinking I was in over my head when they cast me," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown