‘The Fall’ Season 2 Has Begun Production, ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Jamie Dornan is Back as Paul Spector
By Riza Ornos | March 6, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Now that "Fifty Shades of Grey" production is wrapping up, Christian Grey in the flesh Jamie Dornan is back in home country Ireland to begin filming with his wildly anticipated BBC Two's crime drama series. "The Fall" season 2 production officially begins on Feb. 24, days after Jaime concluded his shooting in Vancouver.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
Fans of the crime drama series are all excited as Northern Ireland hunk will reprise her role as Paul Spector. Based on Belfast, "The Fall" tells the story of Stella Gibson (Gillian Anderson), a senior police officer investigating a string of murders and Paul Spector who is behind all the gory murders.
BBC Two Tweet-announced the beginning of production with a photo of the show's clapboard, which indicates the season 2 of "The Fall" was in production. The show's production will have two major parts: half of the production focuses on Stella's investigation while the other half focuses on Paul Spector's life as grieving counselor, father and a husband who likes to murder pretty women.
Now that the mystery element has been eliminated, season 2 will focus on the cat and mouse game. This is the season where Paul tries to stalk and kill his next victim while Stella tries to paste all the puzzles and solve the murder.
According to UK site TV Wise, Alan Cubitt will be replacing season 1 director Jacob Verbruggen. With this new change, fans are hoping that Cubitt can maintain the show's outstanding pace and tone for the upcoming season.
"The Fall" season 1 was hailed as BBC Two's highest rated drama launch in eight years and since May 2013 Cubitt and his writers has been working on the scripts. Former "X-Files" star Gillian Anderson is the show's executive producer and wills star for another season.
When asked about playing a murderer, Dornan revealed that playing Paul Spector is not a walk in the park. "After every one of those scenes, when they'd say, 'Cut!' I was saying, 'Oh my God I'm so sorry," says the new father in an interview with Mirror. I'm going to untie your feet here. Is that OK?'
"Because I am not that guy. I did my best to slip out of it as soon as 'cut' was called.You don't want to be in that head space all the time. Certain actors would but I remember thinking I was in over my head when they cast me," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]