‘The Fall’ Season 2 Has Begun Production, ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Jamie Dornan is Back as Paul Spector
By Riza Ornos | March 6, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Now that "Fifty Shades of Grey" production is wrapping up, Christian Grey in the flesh Jamie Dornan is back in home country Ireland to begin filming with his wildly anticipated BBC Two's crime drama series. "The Fall" season 2 production officially begins on Feb. 24, days after Jaime concluded his shooting in Vancouver.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
Fans of the crime drama series are all excited as Northern Ireland hunk will reprise her role as Paul Spector. Based on Belfast, "The Fall" tells the story of Stella Gibson (Gillian Anderson), a senior police officer investigating a string of murders and Paul Spector who is behind all the gory murders.
BBC Two Tweet-announced the beginning of production with a photo of the show's clapboard, which indicates the season 2 of "The Fall" was in production. The show's production will have two major parts: half of the production focuses on Stella's investigation while the other half focuses on Paul Spector's life as grieving counselor, father and a husband who likes to murder pretty women.
Now that the mystery element has been eliminated, season 2 will focus on the cat and mouse game. This is the season where Paul tries to stalk and kill his next victim while Stella tries to paste all the puzzles and solve the murder.
According to UK site TV Wise, Alan Cubitt will be replacing season 1 director Jacob Verbruggen. With this new change, fans are hoping that Cubitt can maintain the show's outstanding pace and tone for the upcoming season.
"The Fall" season 1 was hailed as BBC Two's highest rated drama launch in eight years and since May 2013 Cubitt and his writers has been working on the scripts. Former "X-Files" star Gillian Anderson is the show's executive producer and wills star for another season.
When asked about playing a murderer, Dornan revealed that playing Paul Spector is not a walk in the park. "After every one of those scenes, when they'd say, 'Cut!' I was saying, 'Oh my God I'm so sorry," says the new father in an interview with Mirror. I'm going to untie your feet here. Is that OK?'
"Because I am not that guy. I did my best to slip out of it as soon as 'cut' was called.You don't want to be in that head space all the time. Certain actors would but I remember thinking I was in over my head when they cast me," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family