Angelina Jolie Opens Up about Life After Double Mastectomy
By nidhi tewari | March 6, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Angelina Jolie has opened up about her preventive double breast removal surgery and says she is doing really good these days and is grateful to her doctors for it. The actress, who has appeared on the cover page of March 14 issue of Entertainment Weekly, says she is happy to have made that decision for her health back then.
Angelina Jolie arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
"I'm great!" Angelina said in her interview, according to E! Online "I'm very happy I made the decision. I was very fortunate to have great doctors and very, very fortunate to have a good recovery and have a project like "Unbroken" to have something to be really focused on, to be getting healthy for, and to be able to just get right back to work."
The actress goes on to say that she was very moved by all the support that poured to her throughout her illness. Angie says she is also happy that she has now become more involved in the cause of women health.
"Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women's issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I've talked to men about their daughters' and wives' health. It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children," Angelina said in the interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine.
"I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people," she added.
The gorgeous actress has appeared as the evil Disney character Maleficent in the movie by the same name, which will be out by May 30. The actress has chosen her youngest daughter, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, to play the part of Princess Aurora in the movie "Maleficent" but the actress says she is not very keen on letting her kids become actors.
"We think it's fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," Angelina said "That's not the goal for Brad and me at all. I think we would both prefer that they didn't become actors."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage