Angelina Jolie Opens Up about Life After Double Mastectomy
By nidhi tewari | March 6, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Angelina Jolie has opened up about her preventive double breast removal surgery and says she is doing really good these days and is grateful to her doctors for it. The actress, who has appeared on the cover page of March 14 issue of Entertainment Weekly, says she is happy to have made that decision for her health back then.
Angelina Jolie arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
"I'm great!" Angelina said in her interview, according to E! Online "I'm very happy I made the decision. I was very fortunate to have great doctors and very, very fortunate to have a good recovery and have a project like "Unbroken" to have something to be really focused on, to be getting healthy for, and to be able to just get right back to work."
The actress goes on to say that she was very moved by all the support that poured to her throughout her illness. Angie says she is also happy that she has now become more involved in the cause of women health.
"Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women's issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I've talked to men about their daughters' and wives' health. It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children," Angelina said in the interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine.
"I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people," she added.
The gorgeous actress has appeared as the evil Disney character Maleficent in the movie by the same name, which will be out by May 30. The actress has chosen her youngest daughter, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, to play the part of Princess Aurora in the movie "Maleficent" but the actress says she is not very keen on letting her kids become actors.
"We think it's fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," Angelina said "That's not the goal for Brad and me at all. I think we would both prefer that they didn't become actors."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports