Angelina Jolie Opens Up about Life After Double Mastectomy
By nidhi tewari | March 6, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Angelina Jolie has opened up about her preventive double breast removal surgery and says she is doing really good these days and is grateful to her doctors for it. The actress, who has appeared on the cover page of March 14 issue of Entertainment Weekly, says she is happy to have made that decision for her health back then.
Angelina Jolie arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
"I'm great!" Angelina said in her interview, according to E! Online "I'm very happy I made the decision. I was very fortunate to have great doctors and very, very fortunate to have a good recovery and have a project like "Unbroken" to have something to be really focused on, to be getting healthy for, and to be able to just get right back to work."
The actress goes on to say that she was very moved by all the support that poured to her throughout her illness. Angie says she is also happy that she has now become more involved in the cause of women health.
"Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women's issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I've talked to men about their daughters' and wives' health. It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children," Angelina said in the interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine.
"I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people," she added.
The gorgeous actress has appeared as the evil Disney character Maleficent in the movie by the same name, which will be out by May 30. The actress has chosen her youngest daughter, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, to play the part of Princess Aurora in the movie "Maleficent" but the actress says she is not very keen on letting her kids become actors.
"We think it's fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," Angelina said "That's not the goal for Brad and me at all. I think we would both prefer that they didn't become actors."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year