Pharrell Williams Wants To Work With Lorde (But Says She Doesn’t Need Him) [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | March 6, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pharrell Williams thinks that it would be great to work with Lorde, but believes that the relatively industry newbie doesn’t need him. The Grammy-winning rapper/singer has high praise for the Kiwi teen, and would love to work with her in the future.
On Thursday, the 40-year-old U.S. star was a guest on the Australian breakfast show “Sunrise,” wherein he performed his top-charting hit “Happy.”
He also gave a short interview, talking about his tour in the country and about the artists whom he would like to work with.
“I would love to work with Lorde. She doesn’t need me, but I would love to work with her,” he told presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch.
“When you hear Lorde’s music, you hear her lyrics, you hear her melody, and you hear her music. But you also feel what she’s saying,” he said.
He added, “When you do something that emotes, even if people don’t understand what you’re saying language-wise, they can feel it. There’s something that resonates with them.”
He would also want collaboration with Prince and with Katy Perry, who is his 5-year-old son Rocket’s “love.”
“Oh you just missed her! She was just here yesterday,” Koch told Pharrell, referring to Katy, who became their weathergirl on Wednesday.
For a successful music artist such as himself, Pharrell leads a low-profile private life.
“We appreciate our privacy, but at the end of the day, we’re normal people. When I’m not working, we’re homebodies and Helen’s my best friend,” he said of his wife Helen Lasichanh.
“We spend more time jumping on the bed than we do out partying. That’s fun but I think there’s just so much more to the work we’re doing right now.”
Pharrell is in Australia to perform at the Future Music Festival at the Royal Randwick Racecourse in Sydney on March 8, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on March 9, and at the Adelaide Showgrounds on March 10.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks