Pharrell Williams Wants To Work With Lorde (But Says She Doesn’t Need Him) [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | March 6, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Pharrell Williams thinks that it would be great to work with Lorde, but believes that the relatively industry newbie doesn’t need him. The Grammy-winning rapper/singer has high praise for the Kiwi teen, and would love to work with her in the future.
On Thursday, the 40-year-old U.S. star was a guest on the Australian breakfast show “Sunrise,” wherein he performed his top-charting hit “Happy.”
He also gave a short interview, talking about his tour in the country and about the artists whom he would like to work with.
“I would love to work with Lorde. She doesn’t need me, but I would love to work with her,” he told presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch.
“When you hear Lorde’s music, you hear her lyrics, you hear her melody, and you hear her music. But you also feel what she’s saying,” he said.
He added, “When you do something that emotes, even if people don’t understand what you’re saying language-wise, they can feel it. There’s something that resonates with them.”
He would also want collaboration with Prince and with Katy Perry, who is his 5-year-old son Rocket’s “love.”
“Oh you just missed her! She was just here yesterday,” Koch told Pharrell, referring to Katy, who became their weathergirl on Wednesday.
For a successful music artist such as himself, Pharrell leads a low-profile private life.
“We appreciate our privacy, but at the end of the day, we’re normal people. When I’m not working, we’re homebodies and Helen’s my best friend,” he said of his wife Helen Lasichanh.
“We spend more time jumping on the bed than we do out partying. That’s fun but I think there’s just so much more to the work we’re doing right now.”
Pharrell is in Australia to perform at the Future Music Festival at the Royal Randwick Racecourse in Sydney on March 8, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on March 9, and at the Adelaide Showgrounds on March 10.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight