Manchester United Transfer News: 'Class of 92' Coach Wants Moyes to Buy Southampton and Everton Youngsters
By Deepak Vikraman | March 6, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Former Manchester United youth coach has implored David Moyes to delve into his transfer budget to buy two promising English youngsters, who have taken the English Premier League by storm this season.
There is little doubt that United need strengthening over the summer, after a forgettable debut campaign under Moyes, and according to Eric Harrison, who oversaw the "Class of 92", the manager must sign Southampton left-back Luke Shaw and Everton playmaker Ross Barkley.
Harrison has no doubts about the capabilities of Shaw, who earned his first England cap on Wednesday in the 1-0 friendly win over Denmark.
With Patrice Evra heavily tipped to leave United this summer, Harrison believes Shaw would be a "perfect replacement." "I think he's already a fantastic footballer," Harrison told the Manchester Evening News. "He's a modern day full back, he gets forward really well and causes havoc.
"He's going to be an incredible player and he could play for England for the next 10-15 years.
"I like Patrice Evra, but he's in his 30s now and if he wants to go to another club or retire then Shaw would be the perfect replacement."
Another player that Harrison sees thriving in United's midfield is Barkley, who has had a breakout season under the man who replaced Moyes at Everton - Roberto Martinez. "I've seen him play quite a lot and he's class, there's no question about that," Harrison added. "I do wish that he would come to United.
"He would help the area where we are struggling a bit at the minute -- the midfield. He will play for a top club definitely and I hope that club is United and I'm in no doubt that he will also be a superb player for his country."
Moyes has already gone back to his old club once, signing Marouane Fellaini last summer, which it must be said hasn't quite worked out as he would have liked, so far. The Scot also failed in a bid to sign Leighton Baines, who recently committed his future to Everton by signing a new contract.
United are expected to spend a load of money in the transfer market next summer, and if Moyes can persuade either or both of the young players to move to Old Trafford, then it will be seen as a huge coup.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best