Manchester United Transfer News: 'Class of 92' Coach Wants Moyes to Buy Southampton and Everton Youngsters
By Deepak Vikraman | March 6, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Former Manchester United youth coach has implored David Moyes to delve into his transfer budget to buy two promising English youngsters, who have taken the English Premier League by storm this season.
There is little doubt that United need strengthening over the summer, after a forgettable debut campaign under Moyes, and according to Eric Harrison, who oversaw the "Class of 92", the manager must sign Southampton left-back Luke Shaw and Everton playmaker Ross Barkley.
Harrison has no doubts about the capabilities of Shaw, who earned his first England cap on Wednesday in the 1-0 friendly win over Denmark.
With Patrice Evra heavily tipped to leave United this summer, Harrison believes Shaw would be a "perfect replacement." "I think he's already a fantastic footballer," Harrison told the Manchester Evening News. "He's a modern day full back, he gets forward really well and causes havoc.
"He's going to be an incredible player and he could play for England for the next 10-15 years.
"I like Patrice Evra, but he's in his 30s now and if he wants to go to another club or retire then Shaw would be the perfect replacement."
Another player that Harrison sees thriving in United's midfield is Barkley, who has had a breakout season under the man who replaced Moyes at Everton - Roberto Martinez. "I've seen him play quite a lot and he's class, there's no question about that," Harrison added. "I do wish that he would come to United.
"He would help the area where we are struggling a bit at the minute -- the midfield. He will play for a top club definitely and I hope that club is United and I'm in no doubt that he will also be a superb player for his country."
Moyes has already gone back to his old club once, signing Marouane Fellaini last summer, which it must be said hasn't quite worked out as he would have liked, so far. The Scot also failed in a bid to sign Leighton Baines, who recently committed his future to Everton by signing a new contract.
United are expected to spend a load of money in the transfer market next summer, and if Moyes can persuade either or both of the young players to move to Old Trafford, then it will be seen as a huge coup.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Daley Blind Is 'Not Strong Enough' For The Premier League - Scholes
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How