Australian Politics: Newspoll Favours Labor vs Coalition
By Athena Yenko | March 6, 2014 4:23 PM EST
The latest Newspoll published by The Australian showed results favourable to Labor over the Coalition.
Victorian Labor maintained its lead over Coalition with six points lead at 53 per cent to 47 per cent.
Labor's primary vote was in its highest in 17 months at 39 per cent.
Liberal's obtained the lowest primary vote since 2012 at 35 per cent.
In comparison with the Newspoll result obtained in January, there was no noticeable change with how Coalition had performed. Hence, voters attitude towards the Coalition remained questionable as election looms.
Meanwhile, the National's primary vote was at its worse at just 3 per cent.
Greens' primary vote was up at 13 per cent, compared with 11.2 per cent during the previously held election.
Premier Denis Napthine still led the poll in terms of the better-premier rating at 39 per cent against Opposition leader, Daniel Andrews with his better-premier rating only at 28 per cent.
Voters were undecided about Mr Andrew's leadership with the poll showing 32 per cent of the voters satisfied, 33 per cent dissatisfied and 35 per cent uncommitted.
Member of the Labor party were showing apprehension as Mr Andrew's personal ratings were not impressive even with the opposition winning much of the political debates.
The dissatisfaction over Victorian Coalition was attributed to the collapse of the car industry and job cuts.
Alcoa had just shut down its Point Henry smelter near Geelong.
In previous week, Qantas had just cut 5,000 jobs gravely affecting Victoria.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows