Five Ways to get Excellent Marks in School
By Afreen Ahmed | March 6, 2014 4:16 PM EST
You have been working very hard and thoroughly preparing for those nerve wracking exams in school, are you still lagging behind in your scores? While hard work certainly pays, there are few tricks that will ensure good marks in your test.
The first and foremost trick is to concentrate in class when your teacher is teaching. The lecture points given by teacher are the best notes you can use while studying. The teacher knows the subject well, and he/she explains the subject in a simple format to help you understand it without difficulty.
Avoid bunking classes. Sure it is fun to bunk classes but not always. Attend all your classes regularly and do not miss lectures, which will help you prepare for your coming tests. Skipping classes and taking notes from your friend later, will not help you understand the chapter as easily as the lecture does.
Create a timetable so that you not only finish the subject on time but will also have a chance for those last minute revisions. Make sure you do not rush through the subject.
While group studies might be a common trend in schools, they do not help your preparations. Studying with your friends is fun, but the fun can stretch into gossip, playing video games, chatting and talking. Group studies can waste your time, which can otherwise be utilized to complete a whole subject. Many educationists do not recommend group studies.
Most importantly, eat well before entering the exam hall. The food you intake should energize you. Hungry pangs will result in you losing your concentration. Nevertheless, avoid eating carbohydrates, which will make you sleepy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists