Manny Pacquiao Advises Tim Bradley To Take Bath; Pacman Shocked By American Boxer's Ritual
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 6, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao is currently at the peak of his preparation for his upcoming rematch with Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. But the eight-time division world champion might be having some second thoughts in engaging too much with the undefeated American fighter, especially after learning that he doesn't take a bath a week before the fight.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines celebrates his victory over Brandon Rios of the U.S. during their World Boxing Organisation (WBO) International 12-round welterweight boxing title fight at the Venetian Macao hotel in Macau November 24, 2013. Pacquiao registered a decisive, unanimous decision win against American Rios to clinch the vacant WBO International welterweight title on Sunday. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu
Pacquiao, who fought many great fighters throughout his shoo-in Hall of Fame career, couldn't believed that Bradley's pre-fight ritual was not to take a shower a week leading to a fight. He was shocked to learn it during an interview with the Philippines' leading media network ABS-CBN News.
When asked what his take on Bradley's no-shower rule, the Saranngani congressman stressed it's a non-hygienic idea not to take a bath not only at fight night but every workout day, but nevertheless had no further comment on the ritual of the undefeated American fighter.
Bradley revealed his pre-fight habit in an interview with ABS-CBN correspondent Bev Llorente, saying he would continue to stick with it during his preparing for his fight with Pacquiao.
"I don't know why... that's one thing I don't do. The week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I don't take a shower. Saturday, that's when I take a shower for the first time," he said while taking a break from training.
Pacquiao and Bradley will meet again after roughly 2 years to settle the score once and for all after their first fight ended in controversy. Bradley took away Pacman's WBO Welterweight belt via 12-round split decision, but majority of boxing pundits believed Pacquiao did enough to take an easy unanimous decision win.
After that showdown, Pacquiao lost his next fight to Juan Manuel Marquez via unanimous decision before scoring a 12-round unanimous decision win over Brandon Rios in November 2013. Bradley had a couple of impressive wins against Ruslan Provodnikov and Marquez in the previous year to keep the belt around his waist.
Pacquiao will reportedly earn $20 million in his next fight, while Bradley will pocket around $7 million, not including their share on Pay-per-View buys and mechanized sales.
For more Boxing news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff