Manny Pacquiao Advises Tim Bradley To Take Bath; Pacman Shocked By American Boxer's Ritual
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 6, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao is currently at the peak of his preparation for his upcoming rematch with Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. But the eight-time division world champion might be having some second thoughts in engaging too much with the undefeated American fighter, especially after learning that he doesn't take a bath a week before the fight.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines celebrates his victory over Brandon Rios of the U.S. during their World Boxing Organisation (WBO) International 12-round welterweight boxing title fight at the Venetian Macao hotel in Macau November 24, 2013. Pacquiao registered a decisive, unanimous decision win against American Rios to clinch the vacant WBO International welterweight title on Sunday. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu
Pacquiao, who fought many great fighters throughout his shoo-in Hall of Fame career, couldn't believed that Bradley's pre-fight ritual was not to take a shower a week leading to a fight. He was shocked to learn it during an interview with the Philippines' leading media network ABS-CBN News.
When asked what his take on Bradley's no-shower rule, the Saranngani congressman stressed it's a non-hygienic idea not to take a bath not only at fight night but every workout day, but nevertheless had no further comment on the ritual of the undefeated American fighter.
Bradley revealed his pre-fight habit in an interview with ABS-CBN correspondent Bev Llorente, saying he would continue to stick with it during his preparing for his fight with Pacquiao.
"I don't know why... that's one thing I don't do. The week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I don't take a shower. Saturday, that's when I take a shower for the first time," he said while taking a break from training.
Pacquiao and Bradley will meet again after roughly 2 years to settle the score once and for all after their first fight ended in controversy. Bradley took away Pacman's WBO Welterweight belt via 12-round split decision, but majority of boxing pundits believed Pacquiao did enough to take an easy unanimous decision win.
After that showdown, Pacquiao lost his next fight to Juan Manuel Marquez via unanimous decision before scoring a 12-round unanimous decision win over Brandon Rios in November 2013. Bradley had a couple of impressive wins against Ruslan Provodnikov and Marquez in the previous year to keep the belt around his waist.
Pacquiao will reportedly earn $20 million in his next fight, while Bradley will pocket around $7 million, not including their share on Pay-per-View buys and mechanized sales.
For more Boxing news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet