Katy Perry's 'Dark Horse' Dominates Billboard, Flies For Sydney Tour; John Mayer Dating Anew?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 6, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" may be the most controversial song to enter 2014, but this does not stop the hit from smashing Billboards chart with the most total weeks at the No. 1 spot. The song, featuring Juicy J. is currently on its 46th week, surpassing Mariah Carey's record of 45 at the top.
Singer Katy Perry performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The "Dark Horse" is Perry's eighth song to rule for a month in the charts according to Billboard. The song hits the top with 16,151 plays in the archives and continue to amass more. It even topped the numbers made by "Roar," which is also one of Perry's major chart topper on October 19.
In line with the promotion of her album "Prism," the pop superstar flies to Sydney for a dawn concert to entertain 1,000 fans. The night before, she sang her famous hits "Roar" and "Unconditionally" on an appearance of "The X-Factor Australia" grand finale, Daily Telegraph reported.
Ms. Perry's have plenty of surprise for her fans though. She turned a weather girl and reported before her fans on TV, joining presenters David Koch and Samantha Armytage of the Channel 7. The star gained positive comments from her choice of fashion, wearing a vintage white lace dress she topped with a yellow and white plaid blazer.
Perry is a hit in Australia, and her albums are doing well in the country's music market. Her appearances in the media is just a sneak-peak for her fans who will definitely support her concerts to take place in Australia's biggest cities; Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane respectively.
Fans in Sydney showed their love for Perry by bringing her name on the top of Australia's Twitter trend with hashtag #BumpShowKatyPerryPrize as of this writing.
PLEASE PLEASE! She is my inspiration! It would be a dream come true to see her live! #BumpShowKatyPerryPrize
— Gabrielle Knight (@Gabbayyys) March 5, 2014
While the "Dark Horse" singer's career works well, it is the opposite with her relationship with John Mayer that ended sooner just before rumours of them to marry started to surface. In a new report, Perry's ex-boyfriend has been spotted with a brunette in a pre-Oscars party.
Sighting of Mayer with a new girl happened just three days after their controversial split. Reports say that reason of the break-up is Perry's unpreparedness to get into a marital relationship again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon