Katy Perry's 'Dark Horse' Dominates Billboard, Flies For Sydney Tour; John Mayer Dating Anew?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 6, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" may be the most controversial song to enter 2014, but this does not stop the hit from smashing Billboards chart with the most total weeks at the No. 1 spot. The song, featuring Juicy J. is currently on its 46th week, surpassing Mariah Carey's record of 45 at the top.
Singer Katy Perry performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The "Dark Horse" is Perry's eighth song to rule for a month in the charts according to Billboard. The song hits the top with 16,151 plays in the archives and continue to amass more. It even topped the numbers made by "Roar," which is also one of Perry's major chart topper on October 19.
In line with the promotion of her album "Prism," the pop superstar flies to Sydney for a dawn concert to entertain 1,000 fans. The night before, she sang her famous hits "Roar" and "Unconditionally" on an appearance of "The X-Factor Australia" grand finale, Daily Telegraph reported.
Ms. Perry's have plenty of surprise for her fans though. She turned a weather girl and reported before her fans on TV, joining presenters David Koch and Samantha Armytage of the Channel 7. The star gained positive comments from her choice of fashion, wearing a vintage white lace dress she topped with a yellow and white plaid blazer.
Perry is a hit in Australia, and her albums are doing well in the country's music market. Her appearances in the media is just a sneak-peak for her fans who will definitely support her concerts to take place in Australia's biggest cities; Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane respectively.
Fans in Sydney showed their love for Perry by bringing her name on the top of Australia's Twitter trend with hashtag #BumpShowKatyPerryPrize as of this writing.
PLEASE PLEASE! She is my inspiration! It would be a dream come true to see her live! #BumpShowKatyPerryPrize
— Gabrielle Knight (@Gabbayyys) March 5, 2014
While the "Dark Horse" singer's career works well, it is the opposite with her relationship with John Mayer that ended sooner just before rumours of them to marry started to surface. In a new report, Perry's ex-boyfriend has been spotted with a brunette in a pre-Oscars party.
Sighting of Mayer with a new girl happened just three days after their controversial split. Reports say that reason of the break-up is Perry's unpreparedness to get into a marital relationship again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build