Paris Fashion Week 2014: Spotted, 'Oscar' Winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o at the Miu Miu Fashion Show
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 6, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Fresh from the Oscars, Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o, both winners in their supporting roles, were spotted at the Miu Miu Fall/Winter Fashion Show 2014-2015 on Wednesday, Mar. 5 in Paris, France. Reports claim that Leto and Nyong'o were invited by Italian designer Miuccia Prada to attend her plastic-wrapped fashion show.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
(L-R) Best actor winner Matthew McConaughey, best actress winner Cate Blanchett, best supporting actress winner Lupita Nyong'o and best supporting actor winner Jared Leto pose with their Oscars at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014
Miu Miu showcased its collection by encasing its models in non-biodegradable plastic bags a day after singer Rihanna, model Cara DeLevingne and "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star Kendall Jenner took part in Chanel's supermarket-themed fashion show.
Leto and Nyong'o sparked rumours after Leto made his speech at the Oscars calling Nyong'o his "future ex-wife," but every time the Oscar winners were asked about their relationship, both completely veered away from the issue. One thing is for sure, though, they were both at the Miu Miu fashion show.
According to ABC News, Nyong'o, wearing a Miu Miu jacket with an off-white sparkling embroidered collar, said that she "really liked the show." Meanwhile, Leto wore shades, admitting that he was exhausted.
"But it's the best kind of tired you could ever imagine," Leto admitted. "Dallas Buyers Club" best supporting actor is set to go on a "Carnivores Tour" in summer with his band Thirty Seconds to Mars, along with bands Linkin Park and AFI.
Before Paris, Leto was also spotted by an MTV buzzworthy reporter in a Subway station popping in for Sammy and chips a day after the Oscars.
Los Angeles Times reported that Elizabeth Olsen, Elle Fanning and Bella Heathcote were also in attendance as Dutch designer Iris van Herpen lined the runway with shrink-wrapped bags containing models.
On the same day, former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquiere presented his collection for Louis Vuitton. The fashion show was attended by Princess Charlene of Monaco, Catherine Deneuve and Charlotte Gainsbourg.
"At Vuitton, the fashion could be quite timid compared with the leather goods," Ghesquire said backstage to Los Angeles Times. "I wanted to integrate the idea of the bags and the clothing to make it an entire proposition. What was interesting was to use the craftsmen in the leather ateliers to develop some pieces of the clothes. I asked them to create this experiment between leather goods and ready-to-wear."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast