Paris Fashion Week 2014: Spotted, 'Oscar' Winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o at the Miu Miu Fashion Show
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 6, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Fresh from the Oscars, Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o, both winners in their supporting roles, were spotted at the Miu Miu Fall/Winter Fashion Show 2014-2015 on Wednesday, Mar. 5 in Paris, France. Reports claim that Leto and Nyong'o were invited by Italian designer Miuccia Prada to attend her plastic-wrapped fashion show.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
(L-R) Best actor winner Matthew McConaughey, best actress winner Cate Blanchett, best supporting actress winner Lupita Nyong'o and best supporting actor winner Jared Leto pose with their Oscars at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014
Miu Miu showcased its collection by encasing its models in non-biodegradable plastic bags a day after singer Rihanna, model Cara DeLevingne and "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star Kendall Jenner took part in Chanel's supermarket-themed fashion show.
Leto and Nyong'o sparked rumours after Leto made his speech at the Oscars calling Nyong'o his "future ex-wife," but every time the Oscar winners were asked about their relationship, both completely veered away from the issue. One thing is for sure, though, they were both at the Miu Miu fashion show.
According to ABC News, Nyong'o, wearing a Miu Miu jacket with an off-white sparkling embroidered collar, said that she "really liked the show." Meanwhile, Leto wore shades, admitting that he was exhausted.
"But it's the best kind of tired you could ever imagine," Leto admitted. "Dallas Buyers Club" best supporting actor is set to go on a "Carnivores Tour" in summer with his band Thirty Seconds to Mars, along with bands Linkin Park and AFI.
Before Paris, Leto was also spotted by an MTV buzzworthy reporter in a Subway station popping in for Sammy and chips a day after the Oscars.
Los Angeles Times reported that Elizabeth Olsen, Elle Fanning and Bella Heathcote were also in attendance as Dutch designer Iris van Herpen lined the runway with shrink-wrapped bags containing models.
On the same day, former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquiere presented his collection for Louis Vuitton. The fashion show was attended by Princess Charlene of Monaco, Catherine Deneuve and Charlotte Gainsbourg.
"At Vuitton, the fashion could be quite timid compared with the leather goods," Ghesquire said backstage to Los Angeles Times. "I wanted to integrate the idea of the bags and the clothing to make it an entire proposition. What was interesting was to use the craftsmen in the leather ateliers to develop some pieces of the clothes. I asked them to create this experiment between leather goods and ready-to-wear."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate