'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' DLCs Free, Twitch Offers iOS and Android Streaming, and Kojima on 'MGSV' for PC
By Gel Galang | March 6, 2014 2:02 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is already out, and those who are already looking forward to the additional expansion packs that PopCap Games will be releasing may be happy to know that the first DLCs and all succeeding ones will be free.
Videogamer has spotted a tweet from Gary Clay, senior franchise marketing manager at PopCap, which confirms that the DLCs will be free, though microtransactions may not be part of this free plan.
Speaking of the first DLC, MP1st reports that the developer has promised that the post-launch added content will be hilarious. And if that's not enough, the first "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" DLC will introduce a higher level cap.
Already out is the Mixed Mode playlist, where players can combine Garden and Graveyards and Team Vanquish as well as get two new sticker packs at the cost of 20,000 coins each. The packs are either for the Incredi-Plant Pack or Vengeful Zomboss Pack, both containing new items for plants and zombies, respectively.
Twitch is Heading to Mobile
With Twitch's presence now very felt for the PC and the consoles, the next goal of the service is to dominate Android and iOS mobiles for game streaming.
"Our vision is to provide the Twitch community with the ability not only to view, but to broadcast live video game content wherever they are, whether they're on the go or in the living room. We've achieved that with our PC and console integrations, so the trifecta will soon be complete with our deep and concerted foray into mobile broadcasting," said Matthew DiPietro, VP of marketing, to VG 24/7.
This takes off from the fact that the Twitch app has been downloaded in both iOS and Android 10 million times, and the movement of mobile gaming has been very evident.
The offers for Twitch broadcasting in mobile is the same—with capturing and broadcasting gameplay videos and audios through the front-facing camera and microphone, immediate archiving and uploading on Twitch, different chat options and easy discoverability of videos also being offered for mobile games.
'MGSV: The Phantom Pain' Wanted on PC by Creator
With "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes" about to be released in a few days' time, all eyes are turned towards what can be expected of "Phantom Pain," which is coming later this year.
But it seems that series creator Hideo Kojima is looking beyond the game and into the possibility of a PC port.
"PC, that's my original background. I originally created PC games. A long time ago I didn't want to rely on platforms to release games, so if people want it, I cannot make a formal announcement, but that is definitely something that I would like to do," said Mr Kojima to CVG.
What can be said about "Phantom Pain" is that a run on the PC may be a great one. According to Destructoid, the game will feature real-time day and night cycles, especially if "Ground Zeroes" is just the start of a new and exciting adventure. Whether or not Mr Kojima's wish plays out to fruition remains to be seen.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers