'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' DLCs Free, Twitch Offers iOS and Android Streaming, and Kojima on 'MGSV' for PC
By Gel Galang | March 6, 2014 2:02 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is already out, and those who are already looking forward to the additional expansion packs that PopCap Games will be releasing may be happy to know that the first DLCs and all succeeding ones will be free.
Videogamer has spotted a tweet from Gary Clay, senior franchise marketing manager at PopCap, which confirms that the DLCs will be free, though microtransactions may not be part of this free plan.
Speaking of the first DLC, MP1st reports that the developer has promised that the post-launch added content will be hilarious. And if that's not enough, the first "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" DLC will introduce a higher level cap.
Already out is the Mixed Mode playlist, where players can combine Garden and Graveyards and Team Vanquish as well as get two new sticker packs at the cost of 20,000 coins each. The packs are either for the Incredi-Plant Pack or Vengeful Zomboss Pack, both containing new items for plants and zombies, respectively.
Twitch is Heading to Mobile
With Twitch's presence now very felt for the PC and the consoles, the next goal of the service is to dominate Android and iOS mobiles for game streaming.
"Our vision is to provide the Twitch community with the ability not only to view, but to broadcast live video game content wherever they are, whether they're on the go or in the living room. We've achieved that with our PC and console integrations, so the trifecta will soon be complete with our deep and concerted foray into mobile broadcasting," said Matthew DiPietro, VP of marketing, to VG 24/7.
This takes off from the fact that the Twitch app has been downloaded in both iOS and Android 10 million times, and the movement of mobile gaming has been very evident.
The offers for Twitch broadcasting in mobile is the same—with capturing and broadcasting gameplay videos and audios through the front-facing camera and microphone, immediate archiving and uploading on Twitch, different chat options and easy discoverability of videos also being offered for mobile games.
'MGSV: The Phantom Pain' Wanted on PC by Creator
With "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes" about to be released in a few days' time, all eyes are turned towards what can be expected of "Phantom Pain," which is coming later this year.
But it seems that series creator Hideo Kojima is looking beyond the game and into the possibility of a PC port.
"PC, that's my original background. I originally created PC games. A long time ago I didn't want to rely on platforms to release games, so if people want it, I cannot make a formal announcement, but that is definitely something that I would like to do," said Mr Kojima to CVG.
What can be said about "Phantom Pain" is that a run on the PC may be a great one. According to Destructoid, the game will feature real-time day and night cycles, especially if "Ground Zeroes" is just the start of a new and exciting adventure. Whether or not Mr Kojima's wish plays out to fruition remains to be seen.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped