Google Nexus 6 Confirmed as ‘Lightweight’ LG G3 on July 2014 Release Date? Will Boast of Q-HD Display, 64-Bit Chip & 16MP Cam – Report
By Erik Pineda | March 6, 2014 12:16 PM EST
The Nexus 6 on release date will remain an LG phone and according to new reports, the Nexus 5 replacement will draw its look, build, specs and features from the upcoming LG G3 that is set to debut in June 2014.
Nexus 6 concept image
Phone Arena reported this week that Google's vanilla Android smartphone for this year will bear the LG logo on launch date. The new development, if true, douses cold water on speculations that surfaced last month that the Nexus phone will jump to Lenovo-Motorola.
Also, choosing LG for the Nexus 6 project makes sense for Google. Recall that the South Korean device manufacturer was also responsible for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, which were based respectively from the LG Optimus G and LG G2.
Citing Gizmodo Germany as source, Phone Arena noted too that in previous cases, the upcoming Nexus 6 will be the slightly stripped-down version of the LG G3. Specifically, Gizmodo described the next Nexus as the 'Lightweight LG G3'.
The term suggests that whatever capabilities that the G3 will flash come rollout time will get a tone down treatment come its Nexus 6 embodiment. The reconfiguration, however, should not limit the upscale qualities of the Nexus 5 successor - inside and out, said the same report.
Gizmodo also hinted that LG is planning to out the G3 in June 2014, paving the way for the Nexus 6 release date in the weeks or months to follow. The schedule seemingly fits with earlier reports that the Nexus 6 is touching down in the second half of 2014.
Android chief Sundar Pichai has earlier announced that fans can expect the next Nexus smartphone to come out within the last six months of the current year. He stressed too that there is no way Android fans will get their mitts on the Nexus 6 before June.
Pichai's pronouncements somehow triggered whispers that Google intends to preview its 2014 flagship phone soon via the I/O Developers Conference that is scheduled for staging on June 24 in San Francisco, California.
Such scenario is highly likely, Android watchers said, though Google's next move on the matter will fully depend on whether LG will issue the LG G3 ahead of the I/O gathering. In the event that the G3 is already revealed by early June, then nothing should prevent Google from allowing a teaser of the Nexus 6.
The minimum specs expected by Nexus lovers are the following: a 64-bit processing chip, likely the 8-core Snapdragon 810 CPU, a phablet-size screen with Quad HD panel and a rear camera that is equipped with 16MP lens sensor.
Phone Arena noted too on its report that the above specs have been previously attributed to the LG G3.
As always the case, the Google Nexus 6 on release date will be brought to life by the latest Android edition, which experts said could be build 4.5 that at times referred to as Lollipop or Key Lime Pie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]