NBA Prediction: Atlanta Hawks vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 6, 2014 12:03 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are still the most unselfish team in the league averaging 25.3 assists per game—No. 1 in the league—but it has not translated to wins this February with a 2-11 record in this stretch.
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
The Hawks’ defense leaves much to be desired however. They give up 102.3 points per game (27th in the NBA) overall for the season and it has just become worst in the last five losses when they allowed opponents to average 116.0 PPG.
A Wednesday match-up with the Portland Trail Blazers, which are the best scoring team in the league logging in 107.3 PPG for the season, looks like another tough match-up for the defensively-challenged Hawks.
Portland is also off a disappointing loss at Los Angeles allowing the Lakers to edge them out with a one-point victory, 107-106. The Blazers allowed L.A. to shoot 45.7 per cent from the field (43/94 FG) and 44.4 per cent from behind the arc (8/18 3FG). Portland also had 20 turnovers with the Lakers converting 13 TO points.
LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed the previous three games because of an injury, led Portland with 21 points and 6 rebounds. Nicolas Batum (17 points and 15 rebounds) and Robin Lopez (19 points and 16) both had huge double-doubles.
It was even worst for the Hawks in their last game in a 129-120 loss to the Phoenix Suns. They allowed the Suns to score 79 points in the first half-- highest in the NBA by any teams so far this season and 129 points total-- the highest total points for the Phoenix this year.
Offense wasn’t a problem for Atlanta, which had seven players in double-figure scoring led by Jeff Teague (29 points and 9 assists), Mike Scott (20 points) and Kyle Korver (18 points).
Betting Lines: Atlanta Hawks (+9.5) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (218.5)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Atlanta Hawks 102
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans