NBA Prediction: Atlanta Hawks vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 6, 2014 12:03 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are still the most unselfish team in the league averaging 25.3 assists per game—No. 1 in the league—but it has not translated to wins this February with a 2-11 record in this stretch.
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
The Hawks’ defense leaves much to be desired however. They give up 102.3 points per game (27th in the NBA) overall for the season and it has just become worst in the last five losses when they allowed opponents to average 116.0 PPG.
A Wednesday match-up with the Portland Trail Blazers, which are the best scoring team in the league logging in 107.3 PPG for the season, looks like another tough match-up for the defensively-challenged Hawks.
Portland is also off a disappointing loss at Los Angeles allowing the Lakers to edge them out with a one-point victory, 107-106. The Blazers allowed L.A. to shoot 45.7 per cent from the field (43/94 FG) and 44.4 per cent from behind the arc (8/18 3FG). Portland also had 20 turnovers with the Lakers converting 13 TO points.
LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed the previous three games because of an injury, led Portland with 21 points and 6 rebounds. Nicolas Batum (17 points and 15 rebounds) and Robin Lopez (19 points and 16) both had huge double-doubles.
It was even worst for the Hawks in their last game in a 129-120 loss to the Phoenix Suns. They allowed the Suns to score 79 points in the first half-- highest in the NBA by any teams so far this season and 129 points total-- the highest total points for the Phoenix this year.
Offense wasn’t a problem for Atlanta, which had seven players in double-figure scoring led by Jeff Teague (29 points and 9 assists), Mike Scott (20 points) and Kyle Korver (18 points).
Betting Lines: Atlanta Hawks (+9.5) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (218.5)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Atlanta Hawks 102
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports