NBA Prediction: Atlanta Hawks vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 6, 2014 12:03 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are still the most unselfish team in the league averaging 25.3 assists per game—No. 1 in the league—but it has not translated to wins this February with a 2-11 record in this stretch.
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
The Hawks’ defense leaves much to be desired however. They give up 102.3 points per game (27th in the NBA) overall for the season and it has just become worst in the last five losses when they allowed opponents to average 116.0 PPG.
A Wednesday match-up with the Portland Trail Blazers, which are the best scoring team in the league logging in 107.3 PPG for the season, looks like another tough match-up for the defensively-challenged Hawks.
Portland is also off a disappointing loss at Los Angeles allowing the Lakers to edge them out with a one-point victory, 107-106. The Blazers allowed L.A. to shoot 45.7 per cent from the field (43/94 FG) and 44.4 per cent from behind the arc (8/18 3FG). Portland also had 20 turnovers with the Lakers converting 13 TO points.
LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed the previous three games because of an injury, led Portland with 21 points and 6 rebounds. Nicolas Batum (17 points and 15 rebounds) and Robin Lopez (19 points and 16) both had huge double-doubles.
It was even worst for the Hawks in their last game in a 129-120 loss to the Phoenix Suns. They allowed the Suns to score 79 points in the first half-- highest in the NBA by any teams so far this season and 129 points total-- the highest total points for the Phoenix this year.
Offense wasn’t a problem for Atlanta, which had seven players in double-figure scoring led by Jeff Teague (29 points and 9 assists), Mike Scott (20 points) and Kyle Korver (18 points).
Betting Lines: Atlanta Hawks (+9.5) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (218.5)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Atlanta Hawks 102
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools