NBA Prediction: Atlanta Hawks vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 6, 2014 12:03 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are still the most unselfish team in the league averaging 25.3 assists per game—No. 1 in the league—but it has not translated to wins this February with a 2-11 record in this stretch.
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
The Hawks’ defense leaves much to be desired however. They give up 102.3 points per game (27th in the NBA) overall for the season and it has just become worst in the last five losses when they allowed opponents to average 116.0 PPG.
A Wednesday match-up with the Portland Trail Blazers, which are the best scoring team in the league logging in 107.3 PPG for the season, looks like another tough match-up for the defensively-challenged Hawks.
Portland is also off a disappointing loss at Los Angeles allowing the Lakers to edge them out with a one-point victory, 107-106. The Blazers allowed L.A. to shoot 45.7 per cent from the field (43/94 FG) and 44.4 per cent from behind the arc (8/18 3FG). Portland also had 20 turnovers with the Lakers converting 13 TO points.
LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed the previous three games because of an injury, led Portland with 21 points and 6 rebounds. Nicolas Batum (17 points and 15 rebounds) and Robin Lopez (19 points and 16) both had huge double-doubles.
It was even worst for the Hawks in their last game in a 129-120 loss to the Phoenix Suns. They allowed the Suns to score 79 points in the first half-- highest in the NBA by any teams so far this season and 129 points total-- the highest total points for the Phoenix this year.
Offense wasn’t a problem for Atlanta, which had seven players in double-figure scoring led by Jeff Teague (29 points and 9 assists), Mike Scott (20 points) and Kyle Korver (18 points).
Betting Lines: Atlanta Hawks (+9.5) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (218.5)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Atlanta Hawks 102
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date