NBA Prediction: Atlanta Hawks vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | March 6, 2014 12:03 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are still the most unselfish team in the league averaging 25.3 assists per game—No. 1 in the league—but it has not translated to wins this February with a 2-11 record in this stretch.
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
The Hawks’ defense leaves much to be desired however. They give up 102.3 points per game (27th in the NBA) overall for the season and it has just become worst in the last five losses when they allowed opponents to average 116.0 PPG.
A Wednesday match-up with the Portland Trail Blazers, which are the best scoring team in the league logging in 107.3 PPG for the season, looks like another tough match-up for the defensively-challenged Hawks.
Portland is also off a disappointing loss at Los Angeles allowing the Lakers to edge them out with a one-point victory, 107-106. The Blazers allowed L.A. to shoot 45.7 per cent from the field (43/94 FG) and 44.4 per cent from behind the arc (8/18 3FG). Portland also had 20 turnovers with the Lakers converting 13 TO points.
LaMarcus Aldridge, who missed the previous three games because of an injury, led Portland with 21 points and 6 rebounds. Nicolas Batum (17 points and 15 rebounds) and Robin Lopez (19 points and 16) both had huge double-doubles.
It was even worst for the Hawks in their last game in a 129-120 loss to the Phoenix Suns. They allowed the Suns to score 79 points in the first half-- highest in the NBA by any teams so far this season and 129 points total-- the highest total points for the Phoenix this year.
Offense wasn’t a problem for Atlanta, which had seven players in double-figure scoring led by Jeff Teague (29 points and 9 assists), Mike Scott (20 points) and Kyle Korver (18 points).
Betting Lines: Atlanta Hawks (+9.5) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (218.5)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Atlanta Hawks 102
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More