Twitter Insults: Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan vs. Adrien Broner
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 6, 2014 11:39 AM EST
All have been said and done with the clamors surrounding the undefeated boxer's next fight. But it is still Floyd Mayweather's decision that really matters in the end. His final say to fight Marcos Maidana instead of Amir Khan on May 3 has launched a full-scale war in social media.
A Twitter logo is pictured in Ventura, California in this December 21, 2013 file photo. Twitter Inc, whose stock has surged 150 percent since it went public in November, has a lot to live up to when it reports quarterly earnings for the first time on Wednesday. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Ashanti Gushes Over Manny Pacquiao, the Grammy Award Winner to Sing National Anthem in Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch
Victoria’s Secret Angels at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, Irina Shayk, Doutzen Kroes, and More [VIDEO]
Frankly, there is no question about it, Khan was the most affected by the choice that Mayweather has made. Even before Mayweather revealed his announcement, Khan had been tweeting his frustrations about the entire ordeal that he had to go through to land a fight with Mayweather.
At first, Mayweather, known for his messy social media antics, was indifferent and seemed unconcerned about the whole situation. He wasn't paying any attention to everything that Khan's been tweeting about him. But he responded to one of Khan's statement claiming he opted for Maidana because it was an easy fight for him, adding Khan can earn the fight that he had been dreaming of only if the British boxer beats his friend Adrien Broner.
"Floyd probably wants to take the easy route and he's taken Maidana," Khan told BBC.
"I don't have an easy fight on May 3 so I can't overlook @ChinoMaidana but @AmirKingKhan, if you and @AdrienBroner end up fighting each other on my show and you win (which you won't), I'll fight you," Mayweather tweeted.
As if trading insults with Mayweather is not enough. Khan turned to Broner and dared him for a fight. He wrote, "If @AdrienBroner wants it, let's do it, Maidana knocked him down twice, I'll knock him out."
"On a serious note, I wouldn't mind beating up Broner, is that what everyone wants, me to put Broner in his place."
Khan continues to trash talk even posting boxing memes that feature him and Broner, and things are heating up because Broner has finally gave in to Khan's outrages.
"Khan aint sh*t," Broner posted on Instagram.
And the trash talk continues. Clearly, talking trash in sports isn't only for fans anymore, but also for athletes themselves. What do you think? Should they all dump the trash talk and just get it on?
According to Showtime Sports Executive Vice President Stephen Ezpinoza as reported by Fight Hype, the fight between Khan and Broner is not likely to happen because the two aren't going to meet in the same weight division. Broner is reportedly going to 140, while Khan is going to 147.
For more of these boxers' taunting and disparaging remarks toward each other, head on to social media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone