Twitter Insults: Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan vs. Adrien Broner
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 6, 2014 11:39 AM EST
All have been said and done with the clamors surrounding the undefeated boxer's next fight. But it is still Floyd Mayweather's decision that really matters in the end. His final say to fight Marcos Maidana instead of Amir Khan on May 3 has launched a full-scale war in social media.
A Twitter logo is pictured in Ventura, California in this December 21, 2013 file photo. Twitter Inc, whose stock has surged 150 percent since it went public in November, has a lot to live up to when it reports quarterly earnings for the first time on Wednesday. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Ashanti Gushes Over Manny Pacquiao, the Grammy Award Winner to Sing National Anthem in Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch
Victoria’s Secret Angels at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, Irina Shayk, Doutzen Kroes, and More [VIDEO]
Frankly, there is no question about it, Khan was the most affected by the choice that Mayweather has made. Even before Mayweather revealed his announcement, Khan had been tweeting his frustrations about the entire ordeal that he had to go through to land a fight with Mayweather.
At first, Mayweather, known for his messy social media antics, was indifferent and seemed unconcerned about the whole situation. He wasn't paying any attention to everything that Khan's been tweeting about him. But he responded to one of Khan's statement claiming he opted for Maidana because it was an easy fight for him, adding Khan can earn the fight that he had been dreaming of only if the British boxer beats his friend Adrien Broner.
"Floyd probably wants to take the easy route and he's taken Maidana," Khan told BBC.
"I don't have an easy fight on May 3 so I can't overlook @ChinoMaidana but @AmirKingKhan, if you and @AdrienBroner end up fighting each other on my show and you win (which you won't), I'll fight you," Mayweather tweeted.
As if trading insults with Mayweather is not enough. Khan turned to Broner and dared him for a fight. He wrote, "If @AdrienBroner wants it, let's do it, Maidana knocked him down twice, I'll knock him out."
"On a serious note, I wouldn't mind beating up Broner, is that what everyone wants, me to put Broner in his place."
Khan continues to trash talk even posting boxing memes that feature him and Broner, and things are heating up because Broner has finally gave in to Khan's outrages.
"Khan aint sh*t," Broner posted on Instagram.
And the trash talk continues. Clearly, talking trash in sports isn't only for fans anymore, but also for athletes themselves. What do you think? Should they all dump the trash talk and just get it on?
According to Showtime Sports Executive Vice President Stephen Ezpinoza as reported by Fight Hype, the fight between Khan and Broner is not likely to happen because the two aren't going to meet in the same weight division. Broner is reportedly going to 140, while Khan is going to 147.
For more of these boxers' taunting and disparaging remarks toward each other, head on to social media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015