'Bangerz' Tour Update: Kissing Girls, Twerking, Wearing Skimpy Costumes, Forgetting Own Lyrics, Can Miley Cyrus be Taken Seriously as a Singer?
By Annie Dee | March 6, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Kissing girls and wearing barely-nothing outfits might have been the highlights of Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz" Tour lately so people are forgetting that the main thing being showcased here is Miley's singing prowess. However, Miley's fans who went to her concerts feel a tad disappointed that Miley cannot even remember her own lyrics anymore and had to take advantage of teleprompters.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square in New York, December 31, 2013.
Mail Online UK reports that the controversial singer has so many things going on in her concert she cannot remember the words in her song anymore. Miley had to use Teleprompters in her performances, and these are very visible to the concert goers. At her Las Vegas concert, Miley had teleprompters in position which displayed the lyrics of several of her songs throughout the show to the dismay of her fans. What happened to that Miley who ask people to sing with her? How can she ask fans to sing with her now if she cannot remember half of her own songs anymore?
One fan was so disappointed with Miley's use of the teleprompters and shared this disappointment with Mail Online.
"I was at Miley's Vegas concert and took these pictures because I couldn't believe she needed a teleprompter with lyrics to all of her songs throughout the entire concert," said the fan to RadarOnline, adding, "And it's not like they were just there for nothing - I caught her looking at them more than a few times!"
Miley is forgetting people are lining up for her "Bangerz" concert not for the props and the antics, but because she touched them with her songs. If people can forgive her for going crazy during her concerts and even have fun seeing her having fun, it will not be the same if they realize their idol is not the singer they thought she was anymore. She can kiss a fan or two and make them melt, but for how long?
Demi Lovato in her Neon Lights Tour wowed fans with both her edgy style and megawatt voice, and for someone who produced record-breaking tracks as Miley, everyone is expecting the same. Ironically, she had once shared to Billboard.com that she wants people to remember her for voice, not her crazy antics. Her exact words were " I want people to walk away saying, 'OK, she did some things that were crazy, but at the end of the day, it was really about her voice."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report