‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off: Who is Returning and Who is Not in ‘Better Call Saul’
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 6, 2014 9:26 AM EST
Jesse Pinkman might be back in "Better Call Saul," the much awaited spinoff of AMC's cult drama series, "Breaking Bad." Aaron Paul, who played Pinkman, is currently in "serious talks" with Vince Gilligan, co-creator of "Better Call Saul," to reprise his "Breaking Bad" role.
"Anything Vince is involved with, I'm there," Paul said, as quoted by CBS. "I owe him my entire career. And the idea of jumping into the skin of Jesse Pinkman again in his lighter days -- because it's all a prequel -- it would be fun."
Aaron Paul is not the only returning along with Bob Odenkirk. As reportedly previously, Jonathan Banks, who portrayed Mike Ehrmantraut in "Breaking Bad," has been roped in to reprise his role, as well.
The Hollywood Reporter had reported that Banks will be joining "Better Call Saul" as a series regular. According to a brief synopsis of "Better Call Saul" [Source IMDB], the show will feature "the trials and tribulations of criminal lawyer, Saul Goodman, in the time leading up to establishing his strip-mall law office in Albuquerque, New Mexico."
The time period of this spinoff is set before Goodman met Walter White.
Gilligan had said that he would be asking actors of "Breaking Bad" to make cameos in "Better Call Saul," according to CBS. It will be interesting to see Walter White crossing paths with Saul as the milquetoast Chemistry teacher. However, there is no information yet on Bryan Cranston reprising his role.
It is almost certain that Dean Norris is not returning to reprise his character of Hank Schrader. He said, as quoted by CBS, "I think that experience ["Breaking Bad"] was that experience. I'm not a big fan of kind of revisiting something that has already been done. But I think it's going to be awesome. So I can't wait to see it." The actor is currently doing "Under the Dome."
"Better Call Saul" is due to air in November, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales