Police Rescue Man Lost In Own Garden In Noonamah
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 6, 2014 7:57 AM EST
A Northern Territory man has called for help after he got lost in his own garden. Eventually, he was rescued by police merely 300 meters away from his home.
NT News reported the man called himself an "idiot" who felt like a "right royal wanker." He requested not to disclose his identity and NT News agreed. The man was randomly known as "Jason," apparently putting every other Jason in the country to shame. He said he did not know how he managed to get in "long grass." He wondered where he was.
Jason used to live in Sydney and then moved to Northern Territory in September 2013. It was a Monday on March 3 when he was watching UFC while drinking beer at his parents' property in Noonamah. After he had about five Coopers, his dog Mumbles started getting restless. When he looked out of the window, he believed he saw a dingo. But he claimed he had no idea what exactly it was.
He kept on claiming he was not "drunk" that night when he merely in his shorts decided to follow the dingo. He only had his mobile phone which had a dying battery. It had been only 2 weeks for him to be in the property so he was not much aware of the surroundings. He soon found himself in the middle of nowhere.
He started chatting with his wife on Facebook. He told her that it was time for him to "call for help."
He called "000" but the first operator did not consider it as an emergency. When he called the second time, the operator got in touch with NT Police. Jason had managed to sleep there for an hour before police rescued him. Jason thanked police and neighbors who helped the rescue team.
Another Territory man earlier called police reporting that someone had stolen his car. Later, his car was found at the exact spot where he parked it earlier.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More