Top 8 Effective Alternative Smartphones vs. Samsung Galaxy S5
By Ryan Inoyori | March 6, 2014 7:19 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 boasts its dust and water-resistance, built-in heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner features. But there are several devices that can be an effective alternative for Galaxy S5.
Here are eight of them that you need to wait for before spending your money for S5.
Apple iPhone 6
Even though you are an Android fan, you may want to take a peek with what Apple will present on iPhone 6. It will surely showcase brand new features and software similar to iPhone 5S running an iOS 7.
Google Nexus 6
Reports claimed Google may release a 6-inch handset called Nexus 6. It runs an Android OS and will also feature the next-generation Android version which Galaxy S5 doesn't have right now until Samsung releases a software update.
HTC One 2
HTC One 2 features incremental upgrades in the processor, display screen, dual camera and more based on the technology used on HTC One first-generation. If you desire premium and sophisticated Android device, wait until the company unveils the smartphone at London and New York in March 25.
LG G Flex
Although LG G Flex isn't a flagship smartphone compared to LG G2, it features a curved display or the so-called "self-healing" and better battery life. LG G Flex has 3500 mAh battery pack which is 700 higher than Galaxy S5's 2800 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
If you want to stay close with Samsung, don't forget it will release the next-generation Galaxy Note 4, which could have similar hardware features from Galaxy S5. Also, Galaxy Note 4 has better screen, faster processor, higher RAM, longer battery life and S Pen. If you compare S4 and Note 3, you will see their difference.
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung upgraded the software of Galaxy S3 with several apps ported from Galaxy S4. Galaxy S4 may be the past year's flagship but it has a good set of fast processors, HD display screen, compatibility with Galaxy Gear and eligible for future firmware updates.
Sony Xperia Z2
For the anti-hazard features, Sony always delivers dust and water-resistance certification in their flagship smartphones. Xperia Z2 will be released soon and will carry several amazing camera modes such as 4K video, Timeshift video and video stabilizer.
Sony Xperia Z2 Ultra
If you like the larger screen display, get something bigger than 5.1-inch and wait for Sony Xperia Z2 Ultra. The previous year's Xperia Z Ultra features 6.4-inch of full HD display screen with Triluminos and X-Reality engines for mobile. With the current innovation of IPS LCD display on Xperia Z2 and Z2 tablet, there is a good chance Z2 Ultra will have the same hardware upgrade to bring better viewing on different angles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones