Battlefield 4: Game Gets New Patch that Tweaks Weapons and Fixes Issues; Full Patch Notes
By Aditya Bhat | March 6, 2014 1:49 AM EST
Battlefield 4, the FPS title from developer DICE, which has seen a troubled release - compounded with server issues - now gets new patches for the game's PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 version, which will fix some major issues and also bring tweaks to the in-game weapons.
Battlefield 4 Tumblr page
Battlefield 4 has released another set of patches.
The update which was delayed has now been delivered. However, the company's promise on fixing issues from netcode are only likely to roll out in future updates to the game.
The new patch will fix crashes and improve the stability in the game. These updates will be the same across all the consoles for which the patch has been released. Here is the complete patch notes for Battlefield 4 (Battlelog):
- Several crash fixes and stability improvements
- Various improvements for Spectator Mode
- Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
- Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
- Added default player slots to server browser filters
- Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
- Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
- Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
- Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
- Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
- Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
- Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
- Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
- Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
- Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
- Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
- General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
- Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
- Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
- Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
- Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can't plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
- The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
- Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
- Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
- Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don't get stuck at relatively minor hills
- Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
- Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water
- The SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
- The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
- The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
- The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
- Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2 and F2000
- Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW
DICE Los Angeles to Develop Future DLCs
DICE Stockholm will hand over the responsibility of the development to DICE Los Angeles, after the release of Naval Strike expansion. The Los Angeles studio will be developing the final two DLCs of Battlefield 4.
DICE Los Angeles was part of the development of Second Assault DLC that was released in February. "DICE LA works closely with the DICE studio in Stockholm on Battlefield 4. Development of Battlefield 4 Second Assault was led by DICE LA and the studio will continue to lead on future expansion packs including Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth and Battlefield 4 Final Stand," said an EA representative to Polygon.
Another DICE developer confirmed this on Reddit. "DICE Stockholm is doing Naval Strike, everything else will be done by DICE LA," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family