Samsung Galaxy S5 Pre-Order Opens; Price Variation Witnessed in Different Countries
By Raymond Ronamai | March 6, 2014 1:27 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5, which was launched on 24 February amid lots of hype, is up for pre-order in a few online stores, more than a month ahead of its release.
Reuters / Albert Gea
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
French multinational telecommunications corporation Orange has started taking pre-orders for Samsung Galaxy S5 in Romania for €249 (aproximately $342/₹21073) with two years contract and €699 (aproximately $960/₹59158) without contract and unlocked.
Surprisingly, prices of Samsung Galaxy S5 listed for Romania and Russia have $100 difference, though both the listed prices are without contract and unlocked. The price listed in Saholic, an Indian online retailer owned by Spice Group, is even lesser with the site putting up the device for sale at ₹45,500 (around $735).
The price of Galaxy S5 ranges between €667.30 (around $915.47/₹56,900) and €729 ($1000/₹62,100) across Europe.
The South Korean electronics giant had earlier revealed that its flagship smartphone will be released on 11 April in 150 countries across the globe.
Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with full HD (1920x1080p) resolution, having pixel density of 440ppi and runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS. It is powered by 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 (32-bit architecture) series processor.
The device has a few value-added features like fingerprint sensor for secured unlocking of the screen and safe mobile payment, water and dust-resistant certifications, camera with fast autofocus speed up to 0.3 seconds, advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR), and fifth generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO with Download Booster.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report