Samsung Galaxy S5 Pre-Order Opens; Price Variation Witnessed in Different Countries
By Raymond Ronamai | March 6, 2014 1:27 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5, which was launched on 24 February amid lots of hype, is up for pre-order in a few online stores, more than a month ahead of its release.
Reuters / Albert Gea
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
French multinational telecommunications corporation Orange has started taking pre-orders for Samsung Galaxy S5 in Romania for €249 (aproximately $342/₹21073) with two years contract and €699 (aproximately $960/₹59158) without contract and unlocked.
Surprisingly, prices of Samsung Galaxy S5 listed for Romania and Russia have $100 difference, though both the listed prices are without contract and unlocked. The price listed in Saholic, an Indian online retailer owned by Spice Group, is even lesser with the site putting up the device for sale at ₹45,500 (around $735).
The price of Galaxy S5 ranges between €667.30 (around $915.47/₹56,900) and €729 ($1000/₹62,100) across Europe.
The South Korean electronics giant had earlier revealed that its flagship smartphone will be released on 11 April in 150 countries across the globe.
Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with full HD (1920x1080p) resolution, having pixel density of 440ppi and runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS. It is powered by 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 (32-bit architecture) series processor.
The device has a few value-added features like fingerprint sensor for secured unlocking of the screen and safe mobile payment, water and dust-resistant certifications, camera with fast autofocus speed up to 0.3 seconds, advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR), and fifth generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO with Download Booster.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan