NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Charlotte Bobcats Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Despite Al Jefferson’s best efforts, the Charlotte Bobcats couldn’t come away with a victory in three games against the top contenders in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Jefferson and the Bobcats need to go through another tough match-up when he faces off with one of the best defensive bigs in the league in Roy Hibbert of the Indiana Pacers.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Indiana Pacers
Charlotte has lost three straight games-- all on the road— against the San Antonio Spurs, 92-82; Oklahoma City Thunder, 116-99; and Miami Heat, 124-107.
To snap the skid, the Bobcats need to contain Paul George and get through the Pacers defense, which is ranked No. 1 in the NBA limiting opponents to just 91.3 points per game, the lowest mark in the league.
All eyes will be on All-Star forward George, who is the Pacers leading scorer at 22.7 PPG. Charlotte’s defense or lack of it is responsible for the biggest explosions this season giving up 62 points to Carmelo Anthony in January and 61 points to LeBron James just last Monday.
Jefferson had a huge double-double against Miami scoring 38 points and adding 19 boards. The rest of the starters shot just 12-of-29 from the field.
Indiana is coming off a rare home loss, just their fourth for the season, when they fall to the Golden State Warriors, 98-96 on Klay Thompson’s game-winner with 0.6 left in the game. The Pacers were led by David West, who had 27 points and 7 rebounds and George with 26 points and 12 boards.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games on the second game of a back-to-back
- The Pacers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Pacers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after an ATS loss
- The Pacers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Pacers are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- The Bobcats are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Bobcats are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Bobcats are 11-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central teams
- The Bobcats are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a loss
- The Bobcats are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. the Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales