NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Charlotte Bobcats Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Despite Al Jefferson’s best efforts, the Charlotte Bobcats couldn’t come away with a victory in three games against the top contenders in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Jefferson and the Bobcats need to go through another tough match-up when he faces off with one of the best defensive bigs in the league in Roy Hibbert of the Indiana Pacers.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Indiana Pacers
Charlotte has lost three straight games-- all on the road— against the San Antonio Spurs, 92-82; Oklahoma City Thunder, 116-99; and Miami Heat, 124-107.
To snap the skid, the Bobcats need to contain Paul George and get through the Pacers defense, which is ranked No. 1 in the NBA limiting opponents to just 91.3 points per game, the lowest mark in the league.
All eyes will be on All-Star forward George, who is the Pacers leading scorer at 22.7 PPG. Charlotte’s defense or lack of it is responsible for the biggest explosions this season giving up 62 points to Carmelo Anthony in January and 61 points to LeBron James just last Monday.
Jefferson had a huge double-double against Miami scoring 38 points and adding 19 boards. The rest of the starters shot just 12-of-29 from the field.
Indiana is coming off a rare home loss, just their fourth for the season, when they fall to the Golden State Warriors, 98-96 on Klay Thompson’s game-winner with 0.6 left in the game. The Pacers were led by David West, who had 27 points and 7 rebounds and George with 26 points and 12 boards.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games on the second game of a back-to-back
- The Pacers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Pacers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after an ATS loss
- The Pacers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Pacers are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- The Bobcats are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Bobcats are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Bobcats are 11-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central teams
- The Bobcats are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a loss
- The Bobcats are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. the Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage