NBA Preview: Indiana Pacers vs. Charlotte Bobcats Betting Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Despite Al Jefferson’s best efforts, the Charlotte Bobcats couldn’t come away with a victory in three games against the top contenders in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Jefferson and the Bobcats need to go through another tough match-up when he faces off with one of the best defensive bigs in the league in Roy Hibbert of the Indiana Pacers.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Indiana Pacers
Charlotte has lost three straight games-- all on the road— against the San Antonio Spurs, 92-82; Oklahoma City Thunder, 116-99; and Miami Heat, 124-107.
To snap the skid, the Bobcats need to contain Paul George and get through the Pacers defense, which is ranked No. 1 in the NBA limiting opponents to just 91.3 points per game, the lowest mark in the league.
All eyes will be on All-Star forward George, who is the Pacers leading scorer at 22.7 PPG. Charlotte’s defense or lack of it is responsible for the biggest explosions this season giving up 62 points to Carmelo Anthony in January and 61 points to LeBron James just last Monday.
Jefferson had a huge double-double against Miami scoring 38 points and adding 19 boards. The rest of the starters shot just 12-of-29 from the field.
Indiana is coming off a rare home loss, just their fourth for the season, when they fall to the Golden State Warriors, 98-96 on Klay Thompson’s game-winner with 0.6 left in the game. The Pacers were led by David West, who had 27 points and 7 rebounds and George with 26 points and 12 boards.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games on the second game of a back-to-back
- The Pacers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Pacers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games after an ATS loss
- The Pacers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Pacers are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- The Bobcats are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Bobcats are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Bobcats are 11-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central teams
- The Bobcats are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a loss
- The Bobcats are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. the Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen