Will Sanjay Leela Bhansali Pick Ranveer over Shah Rukh, Hrithik and Ajay for ‘Bajirao Mastani’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 5, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is eager to start his dream project "Bajirao Mastani" but the male lead of the film is yet to be cast.
While reports have stated that the ace director has signed Deepika Padukone as the heroine of the film, the search for the film's hero is still on.
Reports of Bhansali approaching Shah Rukh Khan for his magnum opus project had been buzzing for a long time but ultimately the news fizzed out after sources close to the superstar dismissed the reports early this year.
Post Shah Rukh, Ajay Devgan's name popped up for the role of the Maratha General opposite to Deepika. Since the director worked with Ajay in "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", it was rumoured that he was keen to work again with him. But the news has not been finalised by the filmmaker or his sources yet.
While Ajay's name kept popping up, Hrithik Roshan was hailed as the ideal choice for the role. Hrithik's prior presence in the period drama "Jodha Akbar" added as a bonus, since Bhansali's films too deal in the same genre.
Moreover, Deepika had also expressed her wish to work with the star, and hence reports on the first time pairing of the two rose to prominence.
But now, Ranveer Singh's name has also come up as the possible choice for the film. It is rumoured that Bhansali is keen to recreate his "Ram-leela" magic and reunite the Deepika-Ranveer pairing.
While the actor has not been finalised yet, we believe that Ranveer may easily bag the film, since he appears to be the flavour of the season of the film fraternity.
The 28-year-old was recently confirmed for Zoya Akhtar's "Dil Dhadakne Do" for an impressive role. He is also rumoured to have replaced Aditya Chopra's favourite Shah Rukh in the director's next venture with Deepika.
However, it can also be considered that Bhansali's knack of particularity might abstain him from signing Ranveer, firstly because the Deepika-Ranveer jodi has already been tested, and would not offer anything new to the audience.
Also, the "Gunday" actor will already reunite with Deepika for the YRF film, thus bringing up the repetition factor into focus.
Only an official announcement by the filmmaker would put the cast speculations of "Bajirao Mastani" to rest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0