Will Sanjay Leela Bhansali Pick Ranveer over Shah Rukh, Hrithik and Ajay for ‘Bajirao Mastani’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 5, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is eager to start his dream project "Bajirao Mastani" but the male lead of the film is yet to be cast.
While reports have stated that the ace director has signed Deepika Padukone as the heroine of the film, the search for the film's hero is still on.
Reports of Bhansali approaching Shah Rukh Khan for his magnum opus project had been buzzing for a long time but ultimately the news fizzed out after sources close to the superstar dismissed the reports early this year.
Post Shah Rukh, Ajay Devgan's name popped up for the role of the Maratha General opposite to Deepika. Since the director worked with Ajay in "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", it was rumoured that he was keen to work again with him. But the news has not been finalised by the filmmaker or his sources yet.
While Ajay's name kept popping up, Hrithik Roshan was hailed as the ideal choice for the role. Hrithik's prior presence in the period drama "Jodha Akbar" added as a bonus, since Bhansali's films too deal in the same genre.
Moreover, Deepika had also expressed her wish to work with the star, and hence reports on the first time pairing of the two rose to prominence.
But now, Ranveer Singh's name has also come up as the possible choice for the film. It is rumoured that Bhansali is keen to recreate his "Ram-leela" magic and reunite the Deepika-Ranveer pairing.
While the actor has not been finalised yet, we believe that Ranveer may easily bag the film, since he appears to be the flavour of the season of the film fraternity.
The 28-year-old was recently confirmed for Zoya Akhtar's "Dil Dhadakne Do" for an impressive role. He is also rumoured to have replaced Aditya Chopra's favourite Shah Rukh in the director's next venture with Deepika.
However, it can also be considered that Bhansali's knack of particularity might abstain him from signing Ranveer, firstly because the Deepika-Ranveer jodi has already been tested, and would not offer anything new to the audience.
Also, the "Gunday" actor will already reunite with Deepika for the YRF film, thus bringing up the repetition factor into focus.
Only an official announcement by the filmmaker would put the cast speculations of "Bajirao Mastani" to rest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate