Will Sanjay Leela Bhansali Pick Ranveer over Shah Rukh, Hrithik and Ajay for ‘Bajirao Mastani’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 5, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is eager to start his dream project "Bajirao Mastani" but the male lead of the film is yet to be cast.
While reports have stated that the ace director has signed Deepika Padukone as the heroine of the film, the search for the film's hero is still on.
Reports of Bhansali approaching Shah Rukh Khan for his magnum opus project had been buzzing for a long time but ultimately the news fizzed out after sources close to the superstar dismissed the reports early this year.
Post Shah Rukh, Ajay Devgan's name popped up for the role of the Maratha General opposite to Deepika. Since the director worked with Ajay in "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", it was rumoured that he was keen to work again with him. But the news has not been finalised by the filmmaker or his sources yet.
While Ajay's name kept popping up, Hrithik Roshan was hailed as the ideal choice for the role. Hrithik's prior presence in the period drama "Jodha Akbar" added as a bonus, since Bhansali's films too deal in the same genre.
Moreover, Deepika had also expressed her wish to work with the star, and hence reports on the first time pairing of the two rose to prominence.
But now, Ranveer Singh's name has also come up as the possible choice for the film. It is rumoured that Bhansali is keen to recreate his "Ram-leela" magic and reunite the Deepika-Ranveer pairing.
While the actor has not been finalised yet, we believe that Ranveer may easily bag the film, since he appears to be the flavour of the season of the film fraternity.
The 28-year-old was recently confirmed for Zoya Akhtar's "Dil Dhadakne Do" for an impressive role. He is also rumoured to have replaced Aditya Chopra's favourite Shah Rukh in the director's next venture with Deepika.
However, it can also be considered that Bhansali's knack of particularity might abstain him from signing Ranveer, firstly because the Deepika-Ranveer jodi has already been tested, and would not offer anything new to the audience.
Also, the "Gunday" actor will already reunite with Deepika for the YRF film, thus bringing up the repetition factor into focus.
Only an official announcement by the filmmaker would put the cast speculations of "Bajirao Mastani" to rest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report