Will Sanjay Leela Bhansali Pick Ranveer over Shah Rukh, Hrithik and Ajay for ‘Bajirao Mastani’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 5, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is eager to start his dream project "Bajirao Mastani" but the male lead of the film is yet to be cast.
While reports have stated that the ace director has signed Deepika Padukone as the heroine of the film, the search for the film's hero is still on.
Reports of Bhansali approaching Shah Rukh Khan for his magnum opus project had been buzzing for a long time but ultimately the news fizzed out after sources close to the superstar dismissed the reports early this year.
Post Shah Rukh, Ajay Devgan's name popped up for the role of the Maratha General opposite to Deepika. Since the director worked with Ajay in "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", it was rumoured that he was keen to work again with him. But the news has not been finalised by the filmmaker or his sources yet.
While Ajay's name kept popping up, Hrithik Roshan was hailed as the ideal choice for the role. Hrithik's prior presence in the period drama "Jodha Akbar" added as a bonus, since Bhansali's films too deal in the same genre.
Moreover, Deepika had also expressed her wish to work with the star, and hence reports on the first time pairing of the two rose to prominence.
But now, Ranveer Singh's name has also come up as the possible choice for the film. It is rumoured that Bhansali is keen to recreate his "Ram-leela" magic and reunite the Deepika-Ranveer pairing.
While the actor has not been finalised yet, we believe that Ranveer may easily bag the film, since he appears to be the flavour of the season of the film fraternity.
The 28-year-old was recently confirmed for Zoya Akhtar's "Dil Dhadakne Do" for an impressive role. He is also rumoured to have replaced Aditya Chopra's favourite Shah Rukh in the director's next venture with Deepika.
However, it can also be considered that Bhansali's knack of particularity might abstain him from signing Ranveer, firstly because the Deepika-Ranveer jodi has already been tested, and would not offer anything new to the audience.
Also, the "Gunday" actor will already reunite with Deepika for the YRF film, thus bringing up the repetition factor into focus.
Only an official announcement by the filmmaker would put the cast speculations of "Bajirao Mastani" to rest.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal