Florida Man Loses $80,000 Due to Daughter’s Facebook Post
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 5, 2014 11:03 PM EST
You may have been warned about the terrible things that can happen if you continue to share every tiny detail about your personal life on Facebook. However, you may have never imagined that you may lose $80,000 due to your Facebook post. This is exactly what happened to Patrick Snay, but it is his daughter who should be blamed for it.
The Florida man is a former headmaster who won $80,000 from the school authorities who employed him. He informed his family about the money and his daughter was quick enough to share the news on Facebook. This, however, was considered as a breach of confidentiality agreement between Mr Snay and the Gulliver Preparatory School authorities. As a result, he has been denied of the payment of what he got as a discrimination settlement.
Mr Snay, now 69, won the discrimination settlement against the school authorities after, in 2010, they had refused to renew his contract allegedly due to his age. He also claimed that the decision was retaliation involving his daughter who used to study in the same school at that time, Miami Herald reported. The Third District Court of Appeals, nevertheless, tossed out what he won after fighting over the years.
Mr Snay's daughter posted on Facebook that her parents won the case against the school. Thus, the school was apparently paying for her summer vacation to Europe. She seemingly had to prove a point or two when she exclaimed: "SUCK IT". However, it went against the private settlement the school had with Mr Snay. The confidentiality agreement was violated and Mr Snay should expect to get nothing. Even though Mr Snay's daughter claimed that she had joked about the Europe vacation, Mr Snay lost the appeal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Woman Accuses Labor Leader of 1986 Rape When She was 16; Shorten Admits Being Probed But Says He Was Cleared
- Sydney Fashion Designer Jodhi Meares’ Driver License Suspended for Drunk-Driving
- Intelligence Agencies Hunt for James Foley Beheader Using Voice Recognition Technology, Journalist Was Warned by GlobalPost Editor Not to Go to Libya
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao KOs Philippine Taxman as Supreme Court Stops Agency from Requiring P4.2 Billion Surety Bond from Champ
- British PM David Cameron Cuts Short Summer Holiday to Lead Hunt for Foley Beheader; Abbott Calls Decapitation ‘Pure Evil’
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch