Florida Man Loses $80,000 Due to Daughter’s Facebook Post
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 5, 2014 11:03 PM EST
You may have been warned about the terrible things that can happen if you continue to share every tiny detail about your personal life on Facebook. However, you may have never imagined that you may lose $80,000 due to your Facebook post. This is exactly what happened to Patrick Snay, but it is his daughter who should be blamed for it.
The Florida man is a former headmaster who won $80,000 from the school authorities who employed him. He informed his family about the money and his daughter was quick enough to share the news on Facebook. This, however, was considered as a breach of confidentiality agreement between Mr Snay and the Gulliver Preparatory School authorities. As a result, he has been denied of the payment of what he got as a discrimination settlement.
Mr Snay, now 69, won the discrimination settlement against the school authorities after, in 2010, they had refused to renew his contract allegedly due to his age. He also claimed that the decision was retaliation involving his daughter who used to study in the same school at that time, Miami Herald reported. The Third District Court of Appeals, nevertheless, tossed out what he won after fighting over the years.
Mr Snay's daughter posted on Facebook that her parents won the case against the school. Thus, the school was apparently paying for her summer vacation to Europe. She seemingly had to prove a point or two when she exclaimed: "SUCK IT". However, it went against the private settlement the school had with Mr Snay. The confidentiality agreement was violated and Mr Snay should expect to get nothing. Even though Mr Snay's daughter claimed that she had joked about the Europe vacation, Mr Snay lost the appeal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Indonesia Uses Russian-Built Fighter Jets In Chasing For Australian Plane
- Move Over, Jeremy Meeks; Brazil Has A Handsome Crook With 39 Murders On Record
- Producers Allowed to Sue ‘Femme Fatales’ Actress Anne Greene For Refusing Nude Scenes
- Islamic State: Aussie Terrorism Suspect Was In Same Video When Runaway Teenager Threatened PM Abbott
- Islamic State: From Beheading Men, IS Moves To Stoning Adulteress To Death
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop