Florida Man Loses $80,000 Due to Daughter’s Facebook Post
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 5, 2014 11:03 PM EST
You may have been warned about the terrible things that can happen if you continue to share every tiny detail about your personal life on Facebook. However, you may have never imagined that you may lose $80,000 due to your Facebook post. This is exactly what happened to Patrick Snay, but it is his daughter who should be blamed for it.
The Florida man is a former headmaster who won $80,000 from the school authorities who employed him. He informed his family about the money and his daughter was quick enough to share the news on Facebook. This, however, was considered as a breach of confidentiality agreement between Mr Snay and the Gulliver Preparatory School authorities. As a result, he has been denied of the payment of what he got as a discrimination settlement.
Mr Snay, now 69, won the discrimination settlement against the school authorities after, in 2010, they had refused to renew his contract allegedly due to his age. He also claimed that the decision was retaliation involving his daughter who used to study in the same school at that time, Miami Herald reported. The Third District Court of Appeals, nevertheless, tossed out what he won after fighting over the years.
Mr Snay's daughter posted on Facebook that her parents won the case against the school. Thus, the school was apparently paying for her summer vacation to Europe. She seemingly had to prove a point or two when she exclaimed: "SUCK IT". However, it went against the private settlement the school had with Mr Snay. The confidentiality agreement was violated and Mr Snay should expect to get nothing. Even though Mr Snay's daughter claimed that she had joked about the Europe vacation, Mr Snay lost the appeal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Use Of ‘Iggy Azalea’ On Porn Site Shall Constitute Crime
- Islamic State: British PM Cameron To Call For Air Strike After Militants Beheaded David Haines
- Islamic State: UK Admits It Has No Power To Save Briton Alan Henning’s Head From Being Chopped
- Sydney Police Intercept $75M Worth Of Drugs In Frozen Fish Disguised As Liquid In Ice Packs
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date