Flying Saucers Reports to be Exposed in Adelaide
By Athena Yenko | March 5, 2014 11:00 PM EST
Classified reports of flying saucers and UFO's will be revealed at the National Archives in Adelaide on Wednesday, March 5, 12 noon to 1pm.
The very first assembly of people wanting to know the truth behind flying saucers and UFO sightings happened in Melbourne in March 1949. The meeting happened at the federal government's newly established Aeronautical Research Laboratory (ARL).
There 23 UFO enthusiasts from different countries and local groups who attended the congregation - the British Interplanetary Society, Royal Aeronautical Society (RAS), Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC), Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and the Army Research Establishment. The congregation of UFO enthusiasts was then called Aeronautical & Meteorological Phenomena Research (AMPR), led by Brian Boyle and Jack Seers.
Ever since, Defence had been serious about its research efforts, delving into the mystery of flying saucers and UFOs, even with Minister for Air, William McMahon saying that "the problem is still one for psychologists than for defence authorities."
"But the Australian defence authorities obviously took sightings seriously. Naval intelligence shared their pilot's report with RAAF intelligence and it wasn't long before the RAAF had pro-forma documents where the intricate details of eye-witness accounts could be recorded," Mr Gleghorn said.
Mr Gleghorn has been investigating testimonies from eyewitness reports and letters and newspaper stories that document the Australian government's attitude to UFO sightings since the 1940s.
"Public interest in UFOs was especially high from the 1950s to the 1970s and many people reported sightings to government authorities,' said Nick. 'It's fascinating to read the reports but also interesting to see the official correspondence behind the scene. For example, who would have thought the future Governor-General Lord Casey would have had such an open mind on flying saucers?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Enhanced Footage Of NASA's Tether Incident Proves Aliens Exist, Say UFO Believers And Experts [Watch Video]
- Fung-Wong More Like Ketsana Than Haiyan; Kills 1, Displaces 470,000 Filipinos & Paralyses Metro Manila
- Philippines’s Mayon Volcano Shoots Lava & Hot Boulders
- Asteroid That Killed Dinosaurs Are Responsible For A Greener Earth
- It’s Haiyan All Over Again As Philippines Grapples With Heavy Rain, Floods
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2