Call of Duty: Ghosts Rolls Out Title Update, Full Patch Notes, Brings Fixes and Free Fall Map
By Aditya Bhat | March 5, 2014 10:34 PM EST
Activision, the publisher of FPS title, Call of Duty has released title update on all platforms - PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
The update has already gone live and will be bringing new fixes and the Free Fall map was made available for everyone. Activision has also released the dates for the launch of multiplayer demo and Makarov downloadable content (DLC) is now available. (See Also: Call of Duty: Ghosts Introduces New Customization Items)
These updates will also be adding LAN support for Xbox One, updates to the Main Menu layout, updates to Gold Camo tracking, Weapon Operations to the operations menu and updates to anti-cheat tool.
The updates will also bring in stability to the game by removing the tracker sight exploit and it will be bringing fixes that bogged the players including fixes for players switching teams to check colored notifications, KD history fix, weapon information, UI rendering bug, fixes to Nightfall, cash exploit and many more.
Below you have the full patch notes for the title update (Call of Duty Community):
- Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
- All challenges are now active operations at once.
- Main Menu layout update.
- Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
- Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
- Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.
- Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.
- Prevents players from inappropriately modifying 'kick' messages.
- Anti-cheat tool updates.
- Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
- Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
- Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
- Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
- Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.
- Added LAN support.
- Kinect voice command fix for selecting game modes.
- Fixed incorrect messaging that could occur for local parties.
- Fix to destroy planted explosives, if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
- Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
- Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
- Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user's gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
- Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
- Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
- Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
- Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
- Fix for player 'Time Played' category overlapping text.
- Fixed issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge 'Sponge III' was not tracking as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
- Fixed an issue where monthly/all time filters didn't work for the squads leaderboards.
- Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
- Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches - limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
- Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
- Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
- Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
- Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
- Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
- Nightfall now properly tracks 'Mission's Completed' on the Player Card.
- Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The columns were reversed in previous TUs.
Activision Announces Launch of Multiplayer Demo
Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be launching on 7 March. This is the first game in Call of Duty series that the company is offering to host a multiplayer demo on Xbox Live for Xbox One and PC.
The multiplayer demo will run from 7 March to 10 March, where players can try three multiplayer maps namely, Strikezone, Warhawk and Prison Break and three multiplayer modes like Search & Rescue, Domination, and Team Deathmatch.
The players will also be able to try the Extinction game mode, reported GameSpot.
Makarov DLC Now Available
The Makarov DLC is also available for download on Call of Duty: Ghosts' Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions.
The personalisation pack will contain playable multiplayer characters like:
- Makarov Legend Pack - Players can play as Vladimir Makarov, a villain of previous Call of Duty games. The pack features a themed weapon camo, reticle, patch, playercard and background. It will be costing $3.99.
- Zakhaev Special Character - Players will be playing as Zakhaev, who is another villain in the Call of Duty games. This will cost players, $1.99.
- Hazmat Special Character - Players can gear up in the new Hazmat Suit that will make you prominent among the crowd in a multiplayer match. It costs $1.99.
- Rorke Special Character - Players will play as Rorke, another villain in Ghosts. It will cost $1.99.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop