Kenyan Student with HIV Claims She Infected 324 Men as Revenge; Is it a Hoax?
By Johnlee Varghese | March 5, 2014 10:26 PM EST
A Kenyan student, who tested positive for HIV, has made a confession to a local daily that she infected 324 men, by having unprotected intercourse with them. The girl claimed that she took the extreme step as revenge after she was deliberately infected by another man.
A man walks past a poster at a conceptual art exhibition about HIV/AIDS. Reuters Files
The girl is a 19-year-old student of Kabarak University, which is known to be a strict disciplinarian Christian institution, reported the Kenya Post. She made the disclosure to the daily after she was promised that her identity will be kept a secret.
As per the report, the young girl revealed that on 22 September 2013 she had gone clubbing and met a guy, who had unprotected intercourse with her after she was passed out drunk. And two months later she found that she had HIV infection.
The incident drove her to the brink of suicide but "something came up in my mind that I should [take] revenge, I hated men... my future had been ruined, somehow someone had to pay..." the report quoted the girl.
The report further revealed that the young girl has infected 324 men since then, by having unprotected sex with them. She also has confessed to the daily that the she has maintained a journal of people, whom she has slept with.
The number certainly seems staggering and the authenticity of the report could not be established. A query to the Kenya Post is still awaiting a reply.
In a similar incident, the Daily Mail in January had reported that man who tested positive for HIV deliberately infected at least 30 partners. The 22-year-old, identified as Michael Johnson, a student and former wrestler at Lindenwood University in St Charles, Missouri, was charged with exposing sexual partners to HIV, after one of his victims testified against him.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29