Ashanti Gushes Over Manny Pacquiao, the Grammy Award Winner to Sing National Anthem in Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 5, 2014 10:19 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao has invited Ashanti to sing America's national anthem in the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch on April 12, and the RnB singer and Grammy Award winner was more than happy to accept the invitation. Apparently, Ashanti is a big fan of the Filipino boxer.
Singer Ashanti arrives at the 55th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles
"It will be sweet music from @Ashanti and chin music for @TimBradleyJr at our April 12 rematch, Live on PPV, #PacBradley @trboxing," Pacquiao added.
Ashanti confessed to Rappler.com that she is big supporter of Pacquiao. Isnt' it overwhelming how celebrities' fans are also celebrities. This kind of stardom is most common with sports personalities who get to have celebrities like actors, actresses, and singers to support them. Some of the biggest celebrity fans of sporting stars even take time out of their busy schedules so they can be present to watch their icon's games or matches.
"I'm such a huge fan of Manny Pacquiao," said Ashanti.
According to Ashanti, she has relatives that also play the sport of boxing. She is related to 1978 Olympic boxing gold medalist Howard Davis Jr. and light heavyweight fighter Dyah Davis. Ashanti said that she couldn't contain herself when she saw Pacquiao seated to her during a Knicks game and told her dad that they should take a picture of Pacquiao. Click here to see the photo of Ashanti with Pacquiao that she posted on her Instagram.
"I told Manny I was a big fan and was so excited when he asked me to sing the National Anthem at his upcoming fight and I can't wait."
"I actually love boxing."
"Manny's such a champion and I can't wait to cheer him on," Ashanti concluded.
It has been five years since Ashanti released an album. On March 4, she released her fifth album titled "Braveheart" under her own label. Speaking to TIME, Ashanti said that she did a lot of work to finish her latest album. Due to the fact that it is being released through her own label "Written Entertainment," she had to go through almost everything including producer agreements, scheduling, budgets, as well as getting a clearance. She said it involved a lot of work, sacrifices, and risks but the music was all worth it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28