Singapore Hospital Keeping Ambareesh’s Condition Confidential
By Sahaja K R | March 5, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh who was shifted to a hospital in Singapore on Saturday, 1 March, is still being treated there. The family has not given any further information after they told that the hospital follows a 'no visitors' policy.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
When Mount Elizabeth Hospital was asked to comment on the condition of the actor, they replied IB Times India saying that it was confidential. "We regret that all patient's information are private and confidential, therefore we will not be able to advise regarding patient's condition. Our Central Patient Assistance Centre (CPAC) provides a seamless and one-stop 24-hour service to our patients, connecting them to a comprehensive choice of medical services and doctors across ParkwayHealth's hospitals," said Nural from the CPAC, using single name as is the tradition in this region.
But in Karnataka, fans are apprehensive about Ambareesh's condition. Earlier, Ambareesh's wife Sumalatha had sent a message to all the fans that there was no need to be panic about the actor's health. However, they are eagerly waiting for his return from Singapore, which may take months now. She has confirmed that the 61-year-old matinee idol is recovering on all counts and told them to pray for his health, instead.
Actor Ambareesh, who is also the Karantaka State Housing Minister, has huge fan following in the State. When he was admitted to the Vikram Hospital in Bangalore on 21 February, big crowds thronged the hospital nearly blocking the roads nearby. They left the hospital only when it was confirmed that he was diagnosed with lung infection, not cancer, that led to his breathing problem. The fact that he was put on a ventilator made many fans worried.
Ambareesh was taken to Singapore hospital on the advice of Tamil hero Rajinikanth, who also underwent similar treatment in Mount Elizabeth Hospital two years ago.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal