'The Voice USA' 2014 Recap: Adam Levine Loses Fight to Blake; Shakira Shakes a Leg with Usher
By Raymond Ronamai | March 5, 2014 9:50 PM EST
The blind auditions of "The Voice USA" 2014 on Tuesday saw nine of the hopefuls making it to the next round with judges Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher adding three each to their teams. Adam Levine, who already had seven in his team from the previous auditions, pushed the button only once on Tuesday but Blake won the fight.
Official Facebook Page
Shakira and Usher on 'The Voice USA' 2014
"The Voice USA" blind auditions on Tuesday witnessed something strange, as Shakira shook a leg with Usher to robot dance, after the latter beat the former in the fight for a contestant.
Blake landed himself three contestants in the final audition of the second week. He added Megan Ruger, who sang Pink's "Just Like a Pill," to his team by beating Usher, and Lexi Luca, who rendered "Wasting All These Tears" by Cassadee Pope. He went on to add Audra McLaughlin, who sang Bonnie Raitt's "Angel From Montgomery" as well. Adam pushed the button only for this girl in this episode but Blake played his wife Miranda Lambert's card to convince her to join his team.
Emily B's rendition of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" got Shakira, Usher and Blake to push their buttons but she picked Shakira as coach. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer also added Dani Moz, who sang "I Need Your Love" by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding, and Music Box, who sang "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree to her team.
Usher added two more contestants to his team on Tuesday. He and fellow judge Shakira turned around for Morgan Wallen, who sang Howie Day's "Collide". Instead of being dejected, Shakira performed the robot dance with Usher, when the contestant picked the former as coach. The R&B singer also got Stevie Jo, who sang his (Usher's) song "There Goes My Baby".
Interestingly, Adam has turned very picky in episode four and ended empty-handed. He pushed the button only for a contestant, who eventually ended up in Blake's team.
Shakira and Usher have nine contestants each in their respective teams now, while Adam and Blake have seven each after two weeks of blind auditions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate