'The Voice USA' 2014 Recap: Adam Levine Loses Fight to Blake; Shakira Shakes a Leg with Usher
By Raymond Ronamai | March 5, 2014 9:50 PM EST
The blind auditions of "The Voice USA" 2014 on Tuesday saw nine of the hopefuls making it to the next round with judges Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher adding three each to their teams. Adam Levine, who already had seven in his team from the previous auditions, pushed the button only once on Tuesday but Blake won the fight.
Official Facebook Page
Shakira and Usher on 'The Voice USA' 2014
"The Voice USA" blind auditions on Tuesday witnessed something strange, as Shakira shook a leg with Usher to robot dance, after the latter beat the former in the fight for a contestant.
Blake landed himself three contestants in the final audition of the second week. He added Megan Ruger, who sang Pink's "Just Like a Pill," to his team by beating Usher, and Lexi Luca, who rendered "Wasting All These Tears" by Cassadee Pope. He went on to add Audra McLaughlin, who sang Bonnie Raitt's "Angel From Montgomery" as well. Adam pushed the button only for this girl in this episode but Blake played his wife Miranda Lambert's card to convince her to join his team.
Emily B's rendition of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" got Shakira, Usher and Blake to push their buttons but she picked Shakira as coach. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer also added Dani Moz, who sang "I Need Your Love" by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding, and Music Box, who sang "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree to her team.
Usher added two more contestants to his team on Tuesday. He and fellow judge Shakira turned around for Morgan Wallen, who sang Howie Day's "Collide". Instead of being dejected, Shakira performed the robot dance with Usher, when the contestant picked the former as coach. The R&B singer also got Stevie Jo, who sang his (Usher's) song "There Goes My Baby".
Interestingly, Adam has turned very picky in episode four and ended empty-handed. He pushed the button only for a contestant, who eventually ended up in Blake's team.
Shakira and Usher have nine contestants each in their respective teams now, while Adam and Blake have seven each after two weeks of blind auditions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage