'The Voice USA' 2014 Recap: Adam Levine Loses Fight to Blake; Shakira Shakes a Leg with Usher
By Raymond Ronamai | March 5, 2014 9:50 PM EST
The blind auditions of "The Voice USA" 2014 on Tuesday saw nine of the hopefuls making it to the next round with judges Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher adding three each to their teams. Adam Levine, who already had seven in his team from the previous auditions, pushed the button only once on Tuesday but Blake won the fight.
Official Facebook Page
Shakira and Usher on 'The Voice USA' 2014
"The Voice USA" blind auditions on Tuesday witnessed something strange, as Shakira shook a leg with Usher to robot dance, after the latter beat the former in the fight for a contestant.
Blake landed himself three contestants in the final audition of the second week. He added Megan Ruger, who sang Pink's "Just Like a Pill," to his team by beating Usher, and Lexi Luca, who rendered "Wasting All These Tears" by Cassadee Pope. He went on to add Audra McLaughlin, who sang Bonnie Raitt's "Angel From Montgomery" as well. Adam pushed the button only for this girl in this episode but Blake played his wife Miranda Lambert's card to convince her to join his team.
Emily B's rendition of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" got Shakira, Usher and Blake to push their buttons but she picked Shakira as coach. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer also added Dani Moz, who sang "I Need Your Love" by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding, and Music Box, who sang "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree to her team.
Usher added two more contestants to his team on Tuesday. He and fellow judge Shakira turned around for Morgan Wallen, who sang Howie Day's "Collide". Instead of being dejected, Shakira performed the robot dance with Usher, when the contestant picked the former as coach. The R&B singer also got Stevie Jo, who sang his (Usher's) song "There Goes My Baby".
Interestingly, Adam has turned very picky in episode four and ended empty-handed. He pushed the button only for a contestant, who eventually ended up in Blake's team.
Shakira and Usher have nine contestants each in their respective teams now, while Adam and Blake have seven each after two weeks of blind auditions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports