'The Voice USA' 2014 Recap: Adam Levine Loses Fight to Blake; Shakira Shakes a Leg with Usher
By Raymond Ronamai | March 5, 2014 9:50 PM EST
The blind auditions of "The Voice USA" 2014 on Tuesday saw nine of the hopefuls making it to the next round with judges Blake Shelton, Shakira and Usher adding three each to their teams. Adam Levine, who already had seven in his team from the previous auditions, pushed the button only once on Tuesday but Blake won the fight.
Official Facebook Page
Shakira and Usher on 'The Voice USA' 2014
"The Voice USA" blind auditions on Tuesday witnessed something strange, as Shakira shook a leg with Usher to robot dance, after the latter beat the former in the fight for a contestant.
Blake landed himself three contestants in the final audition of the second week. He added Megan Ruger, who sang Pink's "Just Like a Pill," to his team by beating Usher, and Lexi Luca, who rendered "Wasting All These Tears" by Cassadee Pope. He went on to add Audra McLaughlin, who sang Bonnie Raitt's "Angel From Montgomery" as well. Adam pushed the button only for this girl in this episode but Blake played his wife Miranda Lambert's card to convince her to join his team.
Emily B's rendition of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" got Shakira, Usher and Blake to push their buttons but she picked Shakira as coach. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer also added Dani Moz, who sang "I Need Your Love" by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding, and Music Box, who sang "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree to her team.
Usher added two more contestants to his team on Tuesday. He and fellow judge Shakira turned around for Morgan Wallen, who sang Howie Day's "Collide". Instead of being dejected, Shakira performed the robot dance with Usher, when the contestant picked the former as coach. The R&B singer also got Stevie Jo, who sang his (Usher's) song "There Goes My Baby".
Interestingly, Adam has turned very picky in episode four and ended empty-handed. He pushed the button only for a contestant, who eventually ended up in Blake's team.
Shakira and Usher have nine contestants each in their respective teams now, while Adam and Blake have seven each after two weeks of blind auditions.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?