Box Office (Overseas): 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Beats 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' Opening Weekend Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 5, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has performed well in the overseas markets. The film's opening weekend collections were better than Farhan's last release "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has minted approximately $1.8 million (₹11.18 crore) in its first weekend at the overseas box office, which is higher than "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections that amounted to approximately $1.4 million, according to Bollywood Hungama.
The Farhan-Vidya starrer is much ahead of the sports biopic in key overseas markets, including the UK, the UAE-GCC and Australia.
The film has grossed ₹1.36 crore in its first weekend at the UK box office, whereas it earned ₹80.50 lakh in Australia. Its collections from the UAE and GCC stand at approximately ₹3.38 crore.
In USA-Canada, "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections were higher than "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" as the film released in more number of screens. However, the romantic comedy entertainer has got much better screen average in both the States and Canada.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects has grossed higher figures than #BhaagMilkhaBhaag in UK, UAE-GCC and Australia. Higher screen average in USA-Canada," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects *opng wknd* USA $ 479,056 [Rs 2.97 cr], Canada $ 99,290 [Rs 61.57 lacs], Australia A$ 145,487 [Rs 80.50 lacs]," he said.
The Saket Chaudhary directorial was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release. Despite having star performers, the film failed to register a solid opening. It earned around only ₹5 crore on the first day but the business witnessed a huge jump on days 2 and 3, which helped the film post decent opening weekend collections.
The collections dropped on Monday (3 March) and is expected to decline further considering there are a few new films lined up for release this Friday (7 March).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements