Box Office (Overseas): 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Beats 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' Opening Weekend Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 5, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has performed well in the overseas markets. The film's opening weekend collections were better than Farhan's last release "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has minted approximately $1.8 million (₹11.18 crore) in its first weekend at the overseas box office, which is higher than "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections that amounted to approximately $1.4 million, according to Bollywood Hungama.
The Farhan-Vidya starrer is much ahead of the sports biopic in key overseas markets, including the UK, the UAE-GCC and Australia.
The film has grossed ₹1.36 crore in its first weekend at the UK box office, whereas it earned ₹80.50 lakh in Australia. Its collections from the UAE and GCC stand at approximately ₹3.38 crore.
In USA-Canada, "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections were higher than "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" as the film released in more number of screens. However, the romantic comedy entertainer has got much better screen average in both the States and Canada.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects has grossed higher figures than #BhaagMilkhaBhaag in UK, UAE-GCC and Australia. Higher screen average in USA-Canada," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects *opng wknd* USA $ 479,056 [Rs 2.97 cr], Canada $ 99,290 [Rs 61.57 lacs], Australia A$ 145,487 [Rs 80.50 lacs]," he said.
The Saket Chaudhary directorial was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release. Despite having star performers, the film failed to register a solid opening. It earned around only ₹5 crore on the first day but the business witnessed a huge jump on days 2 and 3, which helped the film post decent opening weekend collections.
The collections dropped on Monday (3 March) and is expected to decline further considering there are a few new films lined up for release this Friday (7 March).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand