Box Office (Overseas): 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Beats 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' Opening Weekend Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 5, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has performed well in the overseas markets. The film's opening weekend collections were better than Farhan's last release "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has minted approximately $1.8 million (₹11.18 crore) in its first weekend at the overseas box office, which is higher than "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections that amounted to approximately $1.4 million, according to Bollywood Hungama.
The Farhan-Vidya starrer is much ahead of the sports biopic in key overseas markets, including the UK, the UAE-GCC and Australia.
The film has grossed ₹1.36 crore in its first weekend at the UK box office, whereas it earned ₹80.50 lakh in Australia. Its collections from the UAE and GCC stand at approximately ₹3.38 crore.
In USA-Canada, "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections were higher than "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" as the film released in more number of screens. However, the romantic comedy entertainer has got much better screen average in both the States and Canada.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects has grossed higher figures than #BhaagMilkhaBhaag in UK, UAE-GCC and Australia. Higher screen average in USA-Canada," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects *opng wknd* USA $ 479,056 [Rs 2.97 cr], Canada $ 99,290 [Rs 61.57 lacs], Australia A$ 145,487 [Rs 80.50 lacs]," he said.
The Saket Chaudhary directorial was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release. Despite having star performers, the film failed to register a solid opening. It earned around only ₹5 crore on the first day but the business witnessed a huge jump on days 2 and 3, which helped the film post decent opening weekend collections.
The collections dropped on Monday (3 March) and is expected to decline further considering there are a few new films lined up for release this Friday (7 March).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date