Box Office (Overseas): 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Beats 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' Opening Weekend Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 5, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has performed well in the overseas markets. The film's opening weekend collections were better than Farhan's last release "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has minted approximately $1.8 million (₹11.18 crore) in its first weekend at the overseas box office, which is higher than "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections that amounted to approximately $1.4 million, according to Bollywood Hungama.
The Farhan-Vidya starrer is much ahead of the sports biopic in key overseas markets, including the UK, the UAE-GCC and Australia.
The film has grossed ₹1.36 crore in its first weekend at the UK box office, whereas it earned ₹80.50 lakh in Australia. Its collections from the UAE and GCC stand at approximately ₹3.38 crore.
In USA-Canada, "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" collections were higher than "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" as the film released in more number of screens. However, the romantic comedy entertainer has got much better screen average in both the States and Canada.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects has grossed higher figures than #BhaagMilkhaBhaag in UK, UAE-GCC and Australia. Higher screen average in USA-Canada," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects *opng wknd* USA $ 479,056 [Rs 2.97 cr], Canada $ 99,290 [Rs 61.57 lacs], Australia A$ 145,487 [Rs 80.50 lacs]," he said.
The Saket Chaudhary directorial was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release. Despite having star performers, the film failed to register a solid opening. It earned around only ₹5 crore on the first day but the business witnessed a huge jump on days 2 and 3, which helped the film post decent opening weekend collections.
The collections dropped on Monday (3 March) and is expected to decline further considering there are a few new films lined up for release this Friday (7 March).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe