Vespa S Launched in India; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 5, 2014 9:14 PM EST
Piaggio's latest offering Vespa S has officially entered the Indian two-wheeler market on Wednesday, with a price tag of ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).
The scooter, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, houses new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs. The scooter looks stylish in its design and comes with powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels. However, the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a CVT transmission system and packs single-side hydraulic front shock absorber and rear monoshock. The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl.
"Piaggio is delighted at to present Vespa S to the dynamic youth in India. As we move closer to our two years existence in the Indian market, we are proud to launch our third Vespato to further strengthen the premium segment we have created. The Vespa S is truly a game changer. With it square design elements, it has opened up a new, non-conventional space. We understand the needs of the aspirational consumers and believe that the Vespa S will enable them to experience another notch in the Vespa lifestyle," said Ravi Chopra, Chairman and Managing Director of Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited, according to Motoroids.
The new Vespa S will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and is expected to expand its portfolio in the coming months.
In Mumbai and Delhi, the new Vespa S is priced at ₹76,495 and ₹75,424 respectively (ex-showroom). The bookings for Vespa S has already been started in the country and it is believed that Piaggio is likely to start the delivery of the vehicle soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar