Vespa S Launched in India; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 5, 2014 9:14 PM EST
Piaggio's latest offering Vespa S has officially entered the Indian two-wheeler market on Wednesday, with a price tag of ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).
The scooter, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, houses new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs. The scooter looks stylish in its design and comes with powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels. However, the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a CVT transmission system and packs single-side hydraulic front shock absorber and rear monoshock. The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl.
"Piaggio is delighted at to present Vespa S to the dynamic youth in India. As we move closer to our two years existence in the Indian market, we are proud to launch our third Vespato to further strengthen the premium segment we have created. The Vespa S is truly a game changer. With it square design elements, it has opened up a new, non-conventional space. We understand the needs of the aspirational consumers and believe that the Vespa S will enable them to experience another notch in the Vespa lifestyle," said Ravi Chopra, Chairman and Managing Director of Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited, according to Motoroids.
The new Vespa S will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and is expected to expand its portfolio in the coming months.
In Mumbai and Delhi, the new Vespa S is priced at ₹76,495 and ₹75,424 respectively (ex-showroom). The bookings for Vespa S has already been started in the country and it is believed that Piaggio is likely to start the delivery of the vehicle soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28