Vespa S Launched in India; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 5, 2014 9:14 PM EST
Piaggio's latest offering Vespa S has officially entered the Indian two-wheeler market on Wednesday, with a price tag of ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).
The scooter, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, houses new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs. The scooter looks stylish in its design and comes with powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels. However, the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a CVT transmission system and packs single-side hydraulic front shock absorber and rear monoshock. The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl.
"Piaggio is delighted at to present Vespa S to the dynamic youth in India. As we move closer to our two years existence in the Indian market, we are proud to launch our third Vespato to further strengthen the premium segment we have created. The Vespa S is truly a game changer. With it square design elements, it has opened up a new, non-conventional space. We understand the needs of the aspirational consumers and believe that the Vespa S will enable them to experience another notch in the Vespa lifestyle," said Ravi Chopra, Chairman and Managing Director of Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited, according to Motoroids.
The new Vespa S will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and is expected to expand its portfolio in the coming months.
In Mumbai and Delhi, the new Vespa S is priced at ₹76,495 and ₹75,424 respectively (ex-showroom). The bookings for Vespa S has already been started in the country and it is believed that Piaggio is likely to start the delivery of the vehicle soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff