Vespa S Launched in India; Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 5, 2014 9:14 PM EST
Piaggio's latest offering Vespa S has officially entered the Indian two-wheeler market on Wednesday, with a price tag of ₹74,400 (ex-showroom Pune).
The scooter, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, houses new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs. The scooter looks stylish in its design and comes with powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels. However, the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which pumps in a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a CVT transmission system and packs single-side hydraulic front shock absorber and rear monoshock. The company claims a fuel efficiency of over 60kmpl.
"Piaggio is delighted at to present Vespa S to the dynamic youth in India. As we move closer to our two years existence in the Indian market, we are proud to launch our third Vespato to further strengthen the premium segment we have created. The Vespa S is truly a game changer. With it square design elements, it has opened up a new, non-conventional space. We understand the needs of the aspirational consumers and believe that the Vespa S will enable them to experience another notch in the Vespa lifestyle," said Ravi Chopra, Chairman and Managing Director of Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited, according to Motoroids.
The new Vespa S will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and is expected to expand its portfolio in the coming months.
In Mumbai and Delhi, the new Vespa S is priced at ₹76,495 and ₹75,424 respectively (ex-showroom). The bookings for Vespa S has already been started in the country and it is believed that Piaggio is likely to start the delivery of the vehicle soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet