David Beckham Makes the Most of Retirement, Explores Other Careers, To Start A TV Career with BBC One
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 5, 2014 8:33 PM EST
David Beckham is clearly making the most of his retirement from playing soccer. After bidding farewell to the sport he played for the last 20 years, Beckham isn't keen on developing a hobby post-retirement. Instead, Beckham has been keeping himself busy doing his side hustles such as doing philanthropy work, working on owning a soccer franchise, appearing in commercials, making a cameo on sitcoms, and of course, supporting his wife Victoria on her fashion events.
David Beckham discusses matters related to the ownership position he has with a proposed Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion team that could play in Miami, at a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
The latest report on the retired football legend is that he is slated to start a TV career with British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) One.
According to The Sunday Times via Digital Spy, BBC One's channel controller Charlotte Moore is working on getting Beckham on a broadcasting job with the network. Moore refused to disclose any details about the show but it is believed to be related to football. The newspaper also guessed that Beckham's TV show could also tackle topics related to modeling as well as fatherhood. However, it is not made known if Beckham is considering the offer.
In November 2012, Digital Spy reported that Beckham was offered to host his own TV show in the U.S. and the contract was reportedly a multi-million deal. It was supposed to be for Time Warner Cable, and Beckham was still playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy then. The retired English footballer's spokesperson back then dismissed the thought altogether and said that Beckham wasn't planning on shifting into a TV career even after he retired as a player.
Would Beckham have a change of heart this time around and grab the opportunity offered by BBC One? What do you think? He is anticipated to make an appearance in Only Fools and Horses for BBC's Sport Relief Coverage in the latter part of the month of March.
The Beckhams have recently purchased the late designer Gianni Versace's mansion in Miami, but they will not be moving to the sunshine state to permanently live there.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge