David Beckham Makes the Most of Retirement, Explores Other Careers, To Start A TV Career with BBC One
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 5, 2014 8:33 PM EST
David Beckham is clearly making the most of his retirement from playing soccer. After bidding farewell to the sport he played for the last 20 years, Beckham isn't keen on developing a hobby post-retirement. Instead, Beckham has been keeping himself busy doing his side hustles such as doing philanthropy work, working on owning a soccer franchise, appearing in commercials, making a cameo on sitcoms, and of course, supporting his wife Victoria on her fashion events.
David Beckham discusses matters related to the ownership position he has with a proposed Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion team that could play in Miami, at a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
The latest report on the retired football legend is that he is slated to start a TV career with British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) One.
According to The Sunday Times via Digital Spy, BBC One's channel controller Charlotte Moore is working on getting Beckham on a broadcasting job with the network. Moore refused to disclose any details about the show but it is believed to be related to football. The newspaper also guessed that Beckham's TV show could also tackle topics related to modeling as well as fatherhood. However, it is not made known if Beckham is considering the offer.
In November 2012, Digital Spy reported that Beckham was offered to host his own TV show in the U.S. and the contract was reportedly a multi-million deal. It was supposed to be for Time Warner Cable, and Beckham was still playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy then. The retired English footballer's spokesperson back then dismissed the thought altogether and said that Beckham wasn't planning on shifting into a TV career even after he retired as a player.
Would Beckham have a change of heart this time around and grab the opportunity offered by BBC One? What do you think? He is anticipated to make an appearance in Only Fools and Horses for BBC's Sport Relief Coverage in the latter part of the month of March.
The Beckhams have recently purchased the late designer Gianni Versace's mansion in Miami, but they will not be moving to the sunshine state to permanently live there.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Kevin Love to Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Update: Minnesota GM Flip Saunders Wants Wiggins/Bennett Package
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]