David Beckham Makes the Most of Retirement, Explores Other Careers, To Start A TV Career with BBC One
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 5, 2014 8:33 PM EST
David Beckham is clearly making the most of his retirement from playing soccer. After bidding farewell to the sport he played for the last 20 years, Beckham isn't keen on developing a hobby post-retirement. Instead, Beckham has been keeping himself busy doing his side hustles such as doing philanthropy work, working on owning a soccer franchise, appearing in commercials, making a cameo on sitcoms, and of course, supporting his wife Victoria on her fashion events.
David Beckham discusses matters related to the ownership position he has with a proposed Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion team that could play in Miami, at a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
The latest report on the retired football legend is that he is slated to start a TV career with British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) One.
According to The Sunday Times via Digital Spy, BBC One's channel controller Charlotte Moore is working on getting Beckham on a broadcasting job with the network. Moore refused to disclose any details about the show but it is believed to be related to football. The newspaper also guessed that Beckham's TV show could also tackle topics related to modeling as well as fatherhood. However, it is not made known if Beckham is considering the offer.
In November 2012, Digital Spy reported that Beckham was offered to host his own TV show in the U.S. and the contract was reportedly a multi-million deal. It was supposed to be for Time Warner Cable, and Beckham was still playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy then. The retired English footballer's spokesperson back then dismissed the thought altogether and said that Beckham wasn't planning on shifting into a TV career even after he retired as a player.
Would Beckham have a change of heart this time around and grab the opportunity offered by BBC One? What do you think? He is anticipated to make an appearance in Only Fools and Horses for BBC's Sport Relief Coverage in the latter part of the month of March.
The Beckhams have recently purchased the late designer Gianni Versace's mansion in Miami, but they will not be moving to the sunshine state to permanently live there.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists