Back spasms led Tiger Woods to back off from 2014 Honda Classic
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 5, 2014 8:26 PM EST
Famed Australian professional golfer, Adam Scott, faced a blow when Tiger Woods had to back off from 2014 Honda Classic for his back spasm. The blow came in a crucial juncture as it was less than a week away to topple Tiger Woods and claim the position as No.1 Golfer.
Australia's Adam Scott tees off on the 11th hole during the second round of the WGC Bridgestone Invitational PGA golf tournament at Firestone Country Club back in 2011
According to sources, Adam Scott can claim No.1 position if he wins the WCG Cadillac Championship held at Miami and Tiger Woods finishing beyond top seven.
Tiger Woods, who holds the top rank position of No.1 for 673 weeks, is also seven-time winner of WCG Cadillac Championship.
With 13 holes in the final round on Sunday, Woods unfortunately could not carry further as the back spasm troubled him to play his normal game. He stated "I need treatment every day until Thursday to try to calm it down".
A consistent performance in the last year, Adam Scott is poised to clinch No.1 title as he became Australia's first Master's champion last year in the month of April. He was on the verge of winning Triple Crown but Rory McIlroy snatched the title as Scott bogeyed the last hole at Royal Sydney in December 2013.
Despite the loss, McIlroy still considers Adam Scott as the finest golfer of the world at the moment.
Scott, who also bagged Australian Masters and Australian PGA, had to wait further to get back claiming No.1 position
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu