Back spasms led Tiger Woods to back off from 2014 Honda Classic
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 5, 2014 8:26 PM EST
Famed Australian professional golfer, Adam Scott, faced a blow when Tiger Woods had to back off from 2014 Honda Classic for his back spasm. The blow came in a crucial juncture as it was less than a week away to topple Tiger Woods and claim the position as No.1 Golfer.
Australia's Adam Scott tees off on the 11th hole during the second round of the WGC Bridgestone Invitational PGA golf tournament at Firestone Country Club back in 2011
According to sources, Adam Scott can claim No.1 position if he wins the WCG Cadillac Championship held at Miami and Tiger Woods finishing beyond top seven.
Tiger Woods, who holds the top rank position of No.1 for 673 weeks, is also seven-time winner of WCG Cadillac Championship.
With 13 holes in the final round on Sunday, Woods unfortunately could not carry further as the back spasm troubled him to play his normal game. He stated "I need treatment every day until Thursday to try to calm it down".
A consistent performance in the last year, Adam Scott is poised to clinch No.1 title as he became Australia's first Master's champion last year in the month of April. He was on the verge of winning Triple Crown but Rory McIlroy snatched the title as Scott bogeyed the last hole at Royal Sydney in December 2013.
Despite the loss, McIlroy still considers Adam Scott as the finest golfer of the world at the moment.
Scott, who also bagged Australian Masters and Australian PGA, had to wait further to get back claiming No.1 position
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales