Back spasms led Tiger Woods to back off from 2014 Honda Classic
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 5, 2014 8:26 PM EST
Famed Australian professional golfer, Adam Scott, faced a blow when Tiger Woods had to back off from 2014 Honda Classic for his back spasm. The blow came in a crucial juncture as it was less than a week away to topple Tiger Woods and claim the position as No.1 Golfer.
Australia's Adam Scott tees off on the 11th hole during the second round of the WGC Bridgestone Invitational PGA golf tournament at Firestone Country Club back in 2011
According to sources, Adam Scott can claim No.1 position if he wins the WCG Cadillac Championship held at Miami and Tiger Woods finishing beyond top seven.
Tiger Woods, who holds the top rank position of No.1 for 673 weeks, is also seven-time winner of WCG Cadillac Championship.
With 13 holes in the final round on Sunday, Woods unfortunately could not carry further as the back spasm troubled him to play his normal game. He stated "I need treatment every day until Thursday to try to calm it down".
A consistent performance in the last year, Adam Scott is poised to clinch No.1 title as he became Australia's first Master's champion last year in the month of April. He was on the verge of winning Triple Crown but Rory McIlroy snatched the title as Scott bogeyed the last hole at Royal Sydney in December 2013.
Despite the loss, McIlroy still considers Adam Scott as the finest golfer of the world at the moment.
Scott, who also bagged Australian Masters and Australian PGA, had to wait further to get back claiming No.1 position
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools