New From Divergent: Veronica Roth Approves; DJ Pretty Lights' 'Lost and Found' Out; Shailene Woodley & Theo James Look Hot at Screening
By Annie Dee | March 5, 2014 6:59 PM EST
Excitement for the film "Divergent" adapted from the book written by Veronica Roth is in the air. The author herself has recently went ahead and said she loves how the film adaptation turned out. MTV.com reported that the author gives the film based on her book a big thumbs-up. As the author, Veronica Roth was flown to LA and given the chance to have an early peek at the movie and according to her, the film is what she had envisioned.
Honoree, actress Shailene Woodley, arrives at the 20th anniversary of ELLE Women in Hollywood event in Los Angeles October 21, 2013. The event, hosted by ELLE magazine, honors women who have had a profound impact on the film industry.
In a post on her Tumblr, Roth claimed that she was happy to see that her book had been turned into a "beautifully shot" and "suspenseful" film. The location of the film was right in all aspects. The futuristic, broken-down Chicago of her imagination was rendered correctly. The writer is obviously pleased.
"Chicago is such a gorgeous city," added Roth, "and to see it transformed into this futuristic wasteland was incredibly cool."
Next to the writer, lead actress and actor, Shailene Woodley and Theo James were also given the chance to watch their first film together ahead of everyone. The two did not waste the opportunity to play dress up for the screening as well. According to Just Jared, Shailene Woodley, who also has the lead role in upcoming "The Fault in Our Stars" film, looks really hot in a white number as she attended the screening of "Divergent" at the Regal Atlantic Station on March 3, in Atlanta GA. Theo James also looked equally dashing when she joined Woodley at the screening.
Such lucky author and lucky actors. However, fans who cannot wait to watch the movie should first listen to DJ Pretty Lights' "Lost and Found" from the "Divergent" Soundtrack. The music is described as perfect for the book-slash-film's dystopian theme. Mashable.com exclusively shared to "Divergent" fans last night, March 4, the song Lost and Found from DJ Pretty Lights, a nominee for Best Dance/Electronica Album on this year's Grammy Awards. For those who want to get a feel of the movie as early as now, you can listen to the song here.
"Divergent" is produced by Summit Entertainment and is set to open in less than two weeks, on March 21, 2014 in theatres and Imax nationwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit