Geneva Motor Show 2014: Ssangyong Debuts XLV Concept
By greeshma m | March 5, 2014 6:39 PM EST
South Korean automaker SsangYong has pulled the wraps off its new XLV concept at the Geneva Motor Show.
SsangYong Rexton debuted in Inda
Ssangyong XLV Concept, a rookie in the fast-growing SUV segment is based on the company's new design philosophy 'Nature born 3 motion', which projects rhythmical and dynamic exterior design and is aimed at the smart user, who is active and seeks individuality and practicality. The XLV is the latest iteration in a series, which were first seen at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2011.The car will become one of the company's "core strategic models to underpin its future growth".
It measures 4,430mm in length, 1845mm in width, 1,600mm in height and a wheelbase of 2,600mm. Under the hood, the car packs 1.6-litre diesel engine with a 10kW electric motor which is powered by a 500Wh lithium-ion battery .The SUV concept is arranged in an innovative 2+2+2+1 arrangement with the seventh seat sliding between the second and third rows.
The Korean maker is still coy about revealing the details and the availability of the new concept SUV. However, it is assumed that the Ssangyong concept production model is likely to make its debut by 2016. When launched; the new SUV will directly challenge the US major Ford's best offering in 2013 EcoSport.
Under the hood, EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine. The 1.5L petrol engine is expected to give 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. It will come in both manual and automatic transmissions. The manual transmission model claims to give a mileage of 15.8 kmpl, while the automatic model is expects to deliver 15.6 kmpl. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate