Pawan Kalyan's Political Entry: Will he Launch a New Party or Join AAP, Lok Satta?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 5, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Update: Pawan Kalyan Calls off Press Meet, Read HERE
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Buzz surrounding Pawan Kalyan's entry into politics appear to have grown manifold ever since the actor's official spokesperson issued a statement to the media stating that he will clear his stand during a press meet in the second week of March.
Speculations are rife as to what would Pawan Kalyan announce in the meeting. One section of the media is claiming that the "Attarintiki Daredi" actor might start his own party, while the other section is speculating that he might join an established party.
In addition to the rumours that Pawan will be starting a new party, reports of possible party names have started to emerge. Buzz is that a team of experts are working on the party's name, its logo and other key aspects. Accordingly, the names that are in the list are Jai Hind Party (JHP), Pawan's Republican Party (PRP), Yuva Rajyam Party (YRP) and Pawan Kalyan's Praja Rajyam Party (PKPRP), reported Gulte.
While the website claims that the Jai Hind Party is the top contender to name the party, there are also reports claiming that Pawan's Republican Party or Yuva Rajyam Party could be possible choices of the actor.
As for the rumours that Pawan will be joining an established party, buzz is that the actor might join the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Meanwhile, Lok Satta party founder Dr Jayaprakash Narayan has reportedly welcomed the star to join their party, if he is interested.
One needs to wait until the second week of March to find out what the actor will be announcing in the press meet. Until then, the mystery surrounding the actor's political entry will continue.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments