iPad Pro Release Delayed To 2015 And No iPad Mini 3 This Year - Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Apple iPad Air
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities believed iPad Pro will not be released this year and expected that iPad Air 2 will be the only tablet PC to be launched this year. He said iPad Pro release date will be pushed back in 2015 for the company to focus on the second generation of the popular iPad Air.
He added no new iPad Mini in the cards for this year. The analyst noted the miniature tablet did not quite generate the revenue Apple expected unlike its big brother.
"Compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models. We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9 inches iPad. As such, more resources will be allocated to these two products, which will affect the progress of the development of new iPad mini. All told, we think chances of the debut of a new iPad mini in 2H14 are slim. In addition, the 12.9 inches iPad is unlikely to be offered in 2014. For these reasons, we predict the only new iPad product in 2H14 will be the upgraded iPad Air." Kuo said in his recent note to investors as cited by iDigitalTimes.
Meanwhile, iPad Air 2 release date may happen this fall, a year after the first generation was released. The revamp iPad Air will feature a larger screen size, faster processor and touch ID fingerprint sensor. The tablet may also be waterproof.
iPad Pro will come in two variants packing different resolutions. Both models will pack 12.9-inch screen panel but will come with different screen resolutions - 2K and 4K display, respectively. Also, the tablet's bezels may be hypersensitive as an Apple patent suggested iPad Pro will pack pressure sensors on bezels that may replace the physical home button.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan