iPhone 6 Release Date in Fall with iPad Air 2 and iWatch
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 3:56 PM EST
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
iDigitalTimes reported that some of the upcoming Apple devices will arrive as soon as September this year. The reported said that iPhone 6 release date will follow last year's launch of iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. Thus, consumers can expect the iPhone 6 around September or October.
It was previously reported that iPhone 6 will be released in June at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside the upcoming iOS 8.
According to Taiwanese media Economic Daily News, two iPhone 6 will be coming this year and both versions will come with a bigger screen display. One of the new iPhone variants was speculated to enter the phablet category as one of the variants with 5.6-inch screen panel.
The Cupertino-based company has not confirmed the official iPhone 6 features, but rumours claimed that iPhone 6 will pack faster and better A8 processor, and the upcoming iOS 8. Moreover, the iPhone 5S' TouchID fingerprint sensor will surely receive new features and improvements.
Apple's next iPhone was also rumoured to have a better camera although the handset will retain the same 8MP shooter. Better photo quality relies on the handset's bigger sensor (1/2.6" as opposed to iPone 5S's 1/3"), an f/2.0 aperture size (vs f/2.2 on the 5S and f/2.4 on iPhone 5), OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) and 6P sapphire lens.
However, iPhone 6 will not be the sole device that will be coming later this year. Apple is expected to release a new iPad model later this year. To the dismay of many consumers, iPad Pro may not be coming this year but iPad Air 2 may make an appearance this fall. The revamp iPad Air will feature a larger screen size, faster processor, and a Touch ID fingerprint sensor. The tablet may also be waterproof.
Another Apple device to watch out for is iWatch, which will be coming this fall also. iDigitalTimes cited China Times stating that Taiwanese touch panel maker TPK is developing a curved, flexible display for the iWatch so that it can fit varying wrist sizes without looking quite bulky. Wearable stuff has become more popular.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family