'Dancing With the Stars' Cast for Season 18 Revealed
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 5, 2014 3:26 PM EST
This is yet another season of Dancing With The Stars with all the possibilities to be an electrifying show in 2014. The list of celebrities has just been released. The Season 18 definitely looks promising. On the other hand, people gave mixed reactions after the cast of the show was revealed. Here are the celebrities to be participating in the show, as declared by long-time DWTS host Tom Bergeron along with Erin Andrews, his brand new hosting partner.
The 34-year-old actress, Paralympic snowboarder and co-founder of Adaptive Action Sports will match her steps with Derek Hough, a seasoned professional choreographer-dancer who has been a part of DWTS since September 2007.
Billy Dee Williams
The 76-year-old actor, singer, writer and artist was the face of several Afro-American movies in the 70s. His most celebrated movies include Star Wars (Episode V & VI). He will partner with 36-year-old British dancer Emma Slater.
Candace Cameron Bure
The Full House star who won the Favorite Television Actress at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in 1994 will dance with another seasoned dancer at DWTS - Mark Balla who worked with Christina Milian in Season 17.
The Olympic figure skater who has been a world champion twice in his highly illustrated career will now show his moves in DWTS. He is going to partner with Sharna Burgess, the ballroom dancer from Australia.
The Australian pop singer who has already appeared in more than 10 movies as himself will now be a part of DWTS. He will work with Witney Carson, a former So You Think You Can Dance participant, who specialises in Latin ballroom dance forms.
The actor-director who became popular after working in the popular TV show, The Wonder Years, will now have to match the expertise of Valentin Chmerkovskiy whose brother Maksim Chmerkovskiy is also a participant in the show.
Diana holds the world record in long-distance swimming. The 64-year-old was the first to swim between Cuba and Florida in 2013 without the help of any shark cage. Her partner is Henry Byalikov who has a history of scoring perfect 10s in the show.
The actor and stand-up comedian is best known for hosting Whose Line Is It Anyway? as well as The Drew Carey Show. Now he has to find out "whose step it is anyway" when he performs with Cheryl Burke who was the first female professional dancer to win DWTS. She was the consecutive champion in Season 2 & 3.
The Big Time Rush singer-actor will partner with Peta Murgatroyd who has been a part of DWTS since Season 13. She won the title in Season 14 when she partnered with Donald Driver.
She is the partner of Charlie White and at present holds the world record for the free dance, short dance and total combined score. Her partner is Maksim Chmerkovskiy, a Ukrainian dancer who is a champion in Latin ballroom dancing.
The 46-year-old actress became popular after she was featured in the reality TV show The Real Housewives of Atlanta in October 2008. Her partner will be Tony Dovolani who earlier trained Jennifer Lopez.
The former ice hockey player from Canada has to be show his dancing skills with Ukrainian dancer Karina Smirnoff who won Season 13 with J. R. Martinez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date