'Dancing With the Stars' Cast for Season 18 Revealed
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 5, 2014 3:26 PM EST
This is yet another season of Dancing With The Stars with all the possibilities to be an electrifying show in 2014. The list of celebrities has just been released. The Season 18 definitely looks promising. On the other hand, people gave mixed reactions after the cast of the show was revealed. Here are the celebrities to be participating in the show, as declared by long-time DWTS host Tom Bergeron along with Erin Andrews, his brand new hosting partner.
The 34-year-old actress, Paralympic snowboarder and co-founder of Adaptive Action Sports will match her steps with Derek Hough, a seasoned professional choreographer-dancer who has been a part of DWTS since September 2007.
Billy Dee Williams
The 76-year-old actor, singer, writer and artist was the face of several Afro-American movies in the 70s. His most celebrated movies include Star Wars (Episode V & VI). He will partner with 36-year-old British dancer Emma Slater.
Candace Cameron Bure
The Full House star who won the Favorite Television Actress at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in 1994 will dance with another seasoned dancer at DWTS - Mark Balla who worked with Christina Milian in Season 17.
The Olympic figure skater who has been a world champion twice in his highly illustrated career will now show his moves in DWTS. He is going to partner with Sharna Burgess, the ballroom dancer from Australia.
The Australian pop singer who has already appeared in more than 10 movies as himself will now be a part of DWTS. He will work with Witney Carson, a former So You Think You Can Dance participant, who specialises in Latin ballroom dance forms.
The actor-director who became popular after working in the popular TV show, The Wonder Years, will now have to match the expertise of Valentin Chmerkovskiy whose brother Maksim Chmerkovskiy is also a participant in the show.
Diana holds the world record in long-distance swimming. The 64-year-old was the first to swim between Cuba and Florida in 2013 without the help of any shark cage. Her partner is Henry Byalikov who has a history of scoring perfect 10s in the show.
The actor and stand-up comedian is best known for hosting Whose Line Is It Anyway? as well as The Drew Carey Show. Now he has to find out "whose step it is anyway" when he performs with Cheryl Burke who was the first female professional dancer to win DWTS. She was the consecutive champion in Season 2 & 3.
The Big Time Rush singer-actor will partner with Peta Murgatroyd who has been a part of DWTS since Season 13. She won the title in Season 14 when she partnered with Donald Driver.
She is the partner of Charlie White and at present holds the world record for the free dance, short dance and total combined score. Her partner is Maksim Chmerkovskiy, a Ukrainian dancer who is a champion in Latin ballroom dancing.
The 46-year-old actress became popular after she was featured in the reality TV show The Real Housewives of Atlanta in October 2008. Her partner will be Tony Dovolani who earlier trained Jennifer Lopez.
The former ice hockey player from Canada has to be show his dancing skills with Ukrainian dancer Karina Smirnoff who won Season 13 with J. R. Martinez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015