Mayweather Jr vs.Maidana: Adrien Broner Accepts Showdown with Amir Khan on May 3; The Problem Won’t Back Down From Fight
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 5, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Boxing News - Adrien Broner has apparently accepted the challenge to fight Great Britain' Amir Khan in the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana rumble on May 3 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada after posting a Twitter picture showing the two going at each other.
British boxer has sparked controversy while paying tribute to the victims and families affected by the Boston Bombing.
Broner, the former three-division world champion, had surprisingly been silent for the last couple of days following Khan's challenge to fight him on May 3.
"@FloydMayweather, tell @AdrienBroner to fight me on your card and when I beat him, you fight me next," Khan posted on his Twitter.
Khan, who will likely sign with the same boxing manager as Broner in Al Haymon, believed a win against Broner could give him a more solid shot at arranging a showdown with Mayweather Jr. in September.
Meanwhile, the ever outspoken Broner told everybody that he's ready to take the two-time Jr. welterweight champion in the ring, and he's very much confident he can get the job done easily.
The 24-year oild Broner followed up his tweet with another profane word, as he looks forward to beating the man formerly dubbed as the prodigy of British boxing.
"I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan Khan," Broner said on his twitter.
Catch-weight at 144!
Floyd Mayweather Jr. said that he's very much interested to have Khan and Broner fight in the undercard of his Cinco de Mayo event provided that the Briton is willing to accept the catch-weight clause.
After absorbing his first defeat in his pro career at the hands of Maidana last December, Broner was given advise by his big bro Money May to go down to 140-pounds, where he has a pretty solid chance of dominating the division. On the other hand, Khan has already expressed his intention to campaign in the welterweight division, where lucrative fights against Mayweather or perhaps Manny Pacquiao are up for grabs.
"I think Amir Khan and Adrien Broner is fighting on my undercard, but what I think should happen is, I think Amir Khan should face Adrien Broner. I think that'll be a good matchup," said Mayweather in an interview with Fight Hype.
For more Mayweather Jr.Maidana update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0