Mayweather Jr vs.Maidana: Adrien Broner Accepts Showdown with Amir Khan on May 3; The Problem Won’t Back Down From Fight
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 5, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Boxing News - Adrien Broner has apparently accepted the challenge to fight Great Britain' Amir Khan in the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana rumble on May 3 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada after posting a Twitter picture showing the two going at each other.
British boxer has sparked controversy while paying tribute to the victims and families affected by the Boston Bombing.
Broner, the former three-division world champion, had surprisingly been silent for the last couple of days following Khan's challenge to fight him on May 3.
"@FloydMayweather, tell @AdrienBroner to fight me on your card and when I beat him, you fight me next," Khan posted on his Twitter.
Khan, who will likely sign with the same boxing manager as Broner in Al Haymon, believed a win against Broner could give him a more solid shot at arranging a showdown with Mayweather Jr. in September.
Meanwhile, the ever outspoken Broner told everybody that he's ready to take the two-time Jr. welterweight champion in the ring, and he's very much confident he can get the job done easily.
The 24-year oild Broner followed up his tweet with another profane word, as he looks forward to beating the man formerly dubbed as the prodigy of British boxing.
"I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan Khan," Broner said on his twitter.
Catch-weight at 144!
Floyd Mayweather Jr. said that he's very much interested to have Khan and Broner fight in the undercard of his Cinco de Mayo event provided that the Briton is willing to accept the catch-weight clause.
After absorbing his first defeat in his pro career at the hands of Maidana last December, Broner was given advise by his big bro Money May to go down to 140-pounds, where he has a pretty solid chance of dominating the division. On the other hand, Khan has already expressed his intention to campaign in the welterweight division, where lucrative fights against Mayweather or perhaps Manny Pacquiao are up for grabs.
"I think Amir Khan and Adrien Broner is fighting on my undercard, but what I think should happen is, I think Amir Khan should face Adrien Broner. I think that'll be a good matchup," said Mayweather in an interview with Fight Hype.
For more Mayweather Jr.Maidana update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies