Mayweather Jr vs.Maidana: Adrien Broner Accepts Showdown with Amir Khan on May 3; The Problem Won’t Back Down From Fight
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 5, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Boxing News - Adrien Broner has apparently accepted the challenge to fight Great Britain' Amir Khan in the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana rumble on May 3 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada after posting a Twitter picture showing the two going at each other.
British boxer has sparked controversy while paying tribute to the victims and families affected by the Boston Bombing.
Broner, the former three-division world champion, had surprisingly been silent for the last couple of days following Khan's challenge to fight him on May 3.
"@FloydMayweather, tell @AdrienBroner to fight me on your card and when I beat him, you fight me next," Khan posted on his Twitter.
Khan, who will likely sign with the same boxing manager as Broner in Al Haymon, believed a win against Broner could give him a more solid shot at arranging a showdown with Mayweather Jr. in September.
Meanwhile, the ever outspoken Broner told everybody that he's ready to take the two-time Jr. welterweight champion in the ring, and he's very much confident he can get the job done easily.
The 24-year oild Broner followed up his tweet with another profane word, as he looks forward to beating the man formerly dubbed as the prodigy of British boxing.
"I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan Khan," Broner said on his twitter.
Catch-weight at 144!
Floyd Mayweather Jr. said that he's very much interested to have Khan and Broner fight in the undercard of his Cinco de Mayo event provided that the Briton is willing to accept the catch-weight clause.
After absorbing his first defeat in his pro career at the hands of Maidana last December, Broner was given advise by his big bro Money May to go down to 140-pounds, where he has a pretty solid chance of dominating the division. On the other hand, Khan has already expressed his intention to campaign in the welterweight division, where lucrative fights against Mayweather or perhaps Manny Pacquiao are up for grabs.
"I think Amir Khan and Adrien Broner is fighting on my undercard, but what I think should happen is, I think Amir Khan should face Adrien Broner. I think that'll be a good matchup," said Mayweather in an interview with Fight Hype.
For more Mayweather Jr.Maidana update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories