Mayweather Jr vs.Maidana: Adrien Broner Accepts Showdown with Amir Khan on May 3; The Problem Won’t Back Down From Fight
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 5, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Boxing News - Adrien Broner has apparently accepted the challenge to fight Great Britain' Amir Khan in the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana rumble on May 3 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada after posting a Twitter picture showing the two going at each other.
British boxer has sparked controversy while paying tribute to the victims and families affected by the Boston Bombing.
Broner, the former three-division world champion, had surprisingly been silent for the last couple of days following Khan's challenge to fight him on May 3.
"@FloydMayweather, tell @AdrienBroner to fight me on your card and when I beat him, you fight me next," Khan posted on his Twitter.
Khan, who will likely sign with the same boxing manager as Broner in Al Haymon, believed a win against Broner could give him a more solid shot at arranging a showdown with Mayweather Jr. in September.
Meanwhile, the ever outspoken Broner told everybody that he's ready to take the two-time Jr. welterweight champion in the ring, and he's very much confident he can get the job done easily.
The 24-year oild Broner followed up his tweet with another profane word, as he looks forward to beating the man formerly dubbed as the prodigy of British boxing.
"I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan Khan," Broner said on his twitter.
Catch-weight at 144!
Floyd Mayweather Jr. said that he's very much interested to have Khan and Broner fight in the undercard of his Cinco de Mayo event provided that the Briton is willing to accept the catch-weight clause.
After absorbing his first defeat in his pro career at the hands of Maidana last December, Broner was given advise by his big bro Money May to go down to 140-pounds, where he has a pretty solid chance of dominating the division. On the other hand, Khan has already expressed his intention to campaign in the welterweight division, where lucrative fights against Mayweather or perhaps Manny Pacquiao are up for grabs.
"I think Amir Khan and Adrien Broner is fighting on my undercard, but what I think should happen is, I think Amir Khan should face Adrien Broner. I think that'll be a good matchup," said Mayweather in an interview with Fight Hype.
For more Mayweather Jr.Maidana update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]