Mayweather Jr vs.Maidana: Adrien Broner Accepts Showdown with Amir Khan on May 3; The Problem Won’t Back Down From Fight
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 5, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Boxing News - Adrien Broner has apparently accepted the challenge to fight Great Britain' Amir Khan in the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana rumble on May 3 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada after posting a Twitter picture showing the two going at each other.
British boxer has sparked controversy while paying tribute to the victims and families affected by the Boston Bombing.
Broner, the former three-division world champion, had surprisingly been silent for the last couple of days following Khan's challenge to fight him on May 3.
"@FloydMayweather, tell @AdrienBroner to fight me on your card and when I beat him, you fight me next," Khan posted on his Twitter.
Khan, who will likely sign with the same boxing manager as Broner in Al Haymon, believed a win against Broner could give him a more solid shot at arranging a showdown with Mayweather Jr. in September.
Meanwhile, the ever outspoken Broner told everybody that he's ready to take the two-time Jr. welterweight champion in the ring, and he's very much confident he can get the job done easily.
The 24-year oild Broner followed up his tweet with another profane word, as he looks forward to beating the man formerly dubbed as the prodigy of British boxing.
"I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan Khan," Broner said on his twitter.
Catch-weight at 144!
Floyd Mayweather Jr. said that he's very much interested to have Khan and Broner fight in the undercard of his Cinco de Mayo event provided that the Briton is willing to accept the catch-weight clause.
After absorbing his first defeat in his pro career at the hands of Maidana last December, Broner was given advise by his big bro Money May to go down to 140-pounds, where he has a pretty solid chance of dominating the division. On the other hand, Khan has already expressed his intention to campaign in the welterweight division, where lucrative fights against Mayweather or perhaps Manny Pacquiao are up for grabs.
"I think Amir Khan and Adrien Broner is fighting on my undercard, but what I think should happen is, I think Amir Khan should face Adrien Broner. I think that'll be a good matchup," said Mayweather in an interview with Fight Hype.
For more Mayweather Jr.Maidana update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People