Everything You Need To Know About Samsung Galaxy S5 And Samsung Galaxy Gear: Video Released And More Specs
By Precious Silva | March 5, 2014 2:30 PM EST
Samsung has been known in releasing several devices that cater to the multiple market segments. Recently, the Korean tech giant introduced two major devices: Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Gear. The roll out of the devices provided the market a whole set of products to work and play around with. Are they worth the time and investment?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Analysts said Galaxy S5 offers more features compared to the standard smartphones while Gear Fit provides more information compared to the existing activity trackers. Compared to previous releases, experts claimed Samsung finally learned restraint. According to GigaOM, the devices appear more refined without losing their interesting appeal.
Samsung Galaxy S5
There was so much hype around Samsung Galaxy S5 before its release. Although it may not match the hype, analysts still think it was a good thing. The display spans 5.1-inch and hardly different from the Galaxy S4's 5-inch display. The resolution is also the same with Galaxy S4 at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Most reports claimed Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released with a 2K display with 5.3-inch screen. The reported specs sounded impressive but the Korean tech giant opted for a screen and resolution combination ideal for users. The 5.1-inch meant people can still hold the device with one hand making it larger may cause discomfort among users. Samsung ensured it showcased the screen of the device in the most ideal way possible.
Samsung's new smartphone comes with a 2,800 mAh battery, an upgrade from the 2,600 mAh in Galaxy S4. It also has ultra power saving mode giving as much battery life as possible. S5 offers up to 12 hours of video without the power-saving mode. It offers up to 10 hours Web surfing through LTE. Some analysts noted the design is a letdown and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Gear Fit combines the functions of an activity tracker and smart watch. The closet completion so far will be recalled FibitForce. It comes with a 1.84-inch curved display with 432 x 128 resolution. While expectations about the Gear Fit remained tamed, the display and its features do look good. They support the function of the device properly. The Super AMOLED display allows for vibrant colors. People will have an easy time reading from any angle.
For more details about Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Gear Fit, Samsung released the following video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build