Google Nexus 6 Release Date in October, Says Report
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date will happen in October, according to a report.
Android Geeks reported that the next generation of Nexus smartphone will be released in October. The report also cited a source from LG who claimed that the South Korean mobile manufacturer will once again team up with Google in making the Nexus 6.
Nexus 6 concept image
The source confirmed that LG G3 might be released sooner compared to its predecessors but the Nexus 6 may arrive in October. Moreover, The Nexus 6 is allegedly will be based on LG G3 specs and features. However, there were reports that Lenovo and Motorola will manufacturer the Nexus smartphone.
The October release date window was supported by Google's VP Sundar Pichai statement that consumers will not see any Nexus smartphone in the first half of 2014 and the Google Nexus 6 will arrive in the second of the year.
It was previously reported that Google Nexus 6 will arrive at Google's annual I/O Developers Conference. Last month, Mr Pichai announced via Google Plus that Google I/O will be held this year on June 25 - 26. His post sparked some rumors saying that the Nexus 6 release date has been set for June.
However, latest reports claimed that Google's upcoming 8-inch tablet will make an appearance at the said event. The said tablet will replace last year's Nexus 7 and will be iPad Mini with Retina Display's direct rival.
Meanwhile, Google Nexus 6 rumoured features include the 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset known as the Snapdragon 810 clocked at 3 GHz. 91mobiles.com ran a listing that showed some of the supposed specs and features of the next Google smartphone. According to the listing, the handset will pack a 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass; 3 GB RAM; 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth; NFC; Micro-USB; Wi-Fi; and 4G.
The next Nexus smartphone will be released with the next generation of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop. The handset was speculated to be available in 32GB/64GB/128GB storage variants. However, the search engine giant has not confirmed the official specs and features of the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks