Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for HTC One UK Suspended and Goes Back to "Integration" Stage While U.S. Models Finished Upgrade
By Ryan Inoyori | March 5, 2014 2:01 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update has been suspended temporarily for users of HTC One UK variants due to some difficulties while models from the United States are almost complete receiving the update.
UK Update Suspension
HTC halt the rollout update of the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for HTC One smartphones in United Kingdom. According to Android Central, the Taiwanese tech company is currently suffering technical difficulties with Android 4.4.2 KitKat update rollout.
"We are aware that a limited number of HTC users are experiencing difficulties with the KitKat update. As a result, all FOTA (firmware Over-the-Air) have been temporarily suspended. HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience and we are working hard to resolve the issue quickly," statement from HTC.
Unfortunately, HTC didn't explain the reason behind the difficulties they are experiencing with Android KitKat update for HTC One. Based on their official support page for UK, unlocked HTC One, Vodafone, O2, Three and EE are all back in "integration stage" seems to be waiting for another scheduled rollout.
Support page for the United States looks better for HTC One unlocked, Developer edition, Google edition, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are all tagged "complete" with Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Users of HTC One Max from Verizon and Sprint, and AT&T HTC One Mini will have to wait a little longer as the firmware remains under "certification" stage.
In February, UK users of HTC One unlocked, Vodafone, Three, EE and O2 were getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat before the temporary firmware suspension occurred. According to the Inquirer, HTC One in UK was ahead of HTC One Max and Mini on receiving the latest Android firmware which brings several improvements on the device.
Now that update has been suspended, it faces one pressure within the same month as HTC One 2 is already been scheduled. The successor is having an event in London by March 25th and HTC already confirmed the date with simultaneous event happening the New York for the said 2014 flagship smartphone.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Changes
HTC One official Android 4.4.2 KitKat delivers various changes on the device such as bug fixes, security enhancements, battery improvements and system optimisations.
1. HTC Sense 5.5 UI
2. Cloud Printing
3. BlinkFeed update
4. Bluetooth profiles
5. Updates on the overall user interface
6. Removal of Adobe flash support
7. Cloud service integration
8. Unification of the Inbox
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]