Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for HTC One UK Suspended and Goes Back to "Integration" Stage While U.S. Models Finished Upgrade
By Ryan Inoyori | March 5, 2014 2:01 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update has been suspended temporarily for users of HTC One UK variants due to some difficulties while models from the United States are almost complete receiving the update.
UK Update Suspension
HTC halt the rollout update of the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for HTC One smartphones in United Kingdom. According to Android Central, the Taiwanese tech company is currently suffering technical difficulties with Android 4.4.2 KitKat update rollout.
"We are aware that a limited number of HTC users are experiencing difficulties with the KitKat update. As a result, all FOTA (firmware Over-the-Air) have been temporarily suspended. HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience and we are working hard to resolve the issue quickly," statement from HTC.
Unfortunately, HTC didn't explain the reason behind the difficulties they are experiencing with Android KitKat update for HTC One. Based on their official support page for UK, unlocked HTC One, Vodafone, O2, Three and EE are all back in "integration stage" seems to be waiting for another scheduled rollout.
Support page for the United States looks better for HTC One unlocked, Developer edition, Google edition, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are all tagged "complete" with Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Users of HTC One Max from Verizon and Sprint, and AT&T HTC One Mini will have to wait a little longer as the firmware remains under "certification" stage.
In February, UK users of HTC One unlocked, Vodafone, Three, EE and O2 were getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat before the temporary firmware suspension occurred. According to the Inquirer, HTC One in UK was ahead of HTC One Max and Mini on receiving the latest Android firmware which brings several improvements on the device.
Now that update has been suspended, it faces one pressure within the same month as HTC One 2 is already been scheduled. The successor is having an event in London by March 25th and HTC already confirmed the date with simultaneous event happening the New York for the said 2014 flagship smartphone.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Changes
HTC One official Android 4.4.2 KitKat delivers various changes on the device such as bug fixes, security enhancements, battery improvements and system optimisations.
1. HTC Sense 5.5 UI
2. Cloud Printing
3. BlinkFeed update
4. Bluetooth profiles
5. Updates on the overall user interface
6. Removal of Adobe flash support
7. Cloud service integration
8. Unification of the Inbox
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Be Released in 2014
- Samsung’s Smartwatch to Have Mobile Payment and Fingerprint Scanner in 2015
- Google Nexus 9 Know More About the Size of its Battery
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional