Xbox One’s Twitch Tops PS4 in Quality, 'Titanfall' Achievements Listed and 'Batman: Arkham Knight’s' Batmobile Details
By Gel Galang | March 5, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Here's something that the Xbox One can hold over the PS4: better game streaming. In the midst of resolution gate issues—though PS4 is currently dealing with its own issues for "Killzone: Shadow Fall"—at least Xbox One can stick to the fact that its live streaming has pretty good resolution compared to its rival.
The Xbox One Twitch application is coming on March 11, in time for the release date of "Titanfall," but already Xbox's Major Nelson has tried and tested the app via his "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" stream.
U.S. Gamer reports that the stream has already been analysed by Redditors, and they have determined that the streaming resolution is at 1,280 x 720 at 30 FPS, a higher resolution compared to the PS4's Twitch streams at 960 x 540 at 30 FPS.
"For us, we thought that was too limiting for what our fans would want. Our fans really want the full next-gen service, so that's why we decided to take our time, do it right and have it come out in this fashion," said Yusuf Mehdi, VP of marketing and strategy for the Xbox, in an interview quoted by U.S. Gamer.
More than the high resolution, the report states that the upcoming Xbox One Twitch app has an added value of stream archiving, chat and viewer statistics, better Party Chat and the sure ability of streaming a video of themselves via the Kinect.
'Titanfall' Achievements are Here Before the Game is
The much-hyped and awaited game for the Xbox One is almost here, but "Titanfall's" achievements list beats the actual game to the punch as it has been leaked earlier.
LazyGamer has obtained the complete list, and it's a whopping 35 achievements, both for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions. Some are very amusing while others are just down to earth kickass, such as rodeo-killing a Titan for the Ride 'Em Cowboy achievement or dropping a Titan on five enemies for the Death from Above achievement.
Interesting achievements include killing an ejecting Pilot with the Plasma Railgun, creating a custom pilot loadout and a custom titan loadout, and snapping the necks of 10 pilots. It's going to be a rather grisly and fast-paced ride through "Titanfall."
Check out the complete achievements in the link above, but beware of spoilers. The game is coming on March 11 for the Xbox One and PC versions, while the Xbox 360 will be coming in March 25.
'Batman: Arkham Knight's' Batmobile is Like an Xbox 360 Game
Now that the "Batman: Arkham Knight" has been unveiled as a Rocksteady game, it seems that the title is heading to the next-gen consoles Xbox One and PS4 directly for a reason.
Reported by T1.com via the scoop from GameInformer, it seems that the Batmobile alone makes it impossible for the current-gen consoles to run the game, considering that the automobile alone is already worth one entire game on the Xbox 360.
Imagine the Batmobile's details being so massive and many that it needs 160 MB of memory for everything, from the polygons to the textures—making it impossible for the Xbox 360 or the PS3 to carry such a game of that magnitude.
One other interesting detail is that "Batman: Arkham Knight" will be a single player game the whole way, though this may not take away from the experience in the slightest, seeing as how the map will be around five times bigger than Arkham City.
A release date for "Batman: Arkham Knight" has also been pegged for Oct 14 this year, but it seems that Rocksteady is ending the franchise with a bang by introducing the ultimate villain for Batman, giving the call-anytime Batmobile a spin in a very massive city and new modes, takedowns and gadgets to players.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015