Xbox One’s Twitch Tops PS4 in Quality, 'Titanfall' Achievements Listed and 'Batman: Arkham Knight’s' Batmobile Details
By Gel Galang | March 5, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Here's something that the Xbox One can hold over the PS4: better game streaming. In the midst of resolution gate issues—though PS4 is currently dealing with its own issues for "Killzone: Shadow Fall"—at least Xbox One can stick to the fact that its live streaming has pretty good resolution compared to its rival.
The Xbox One Twitch application is coming on March 11, in time for the release date of "Titanfall," but already Xbox's Major Nelson has tried and tested the app via his "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" stream.
U.S. Gamer reports that the stream has already been analysed by Redditors, and they have determined that the streaming resolution is at 1,280 x 720 at 30 FPS, a higher resolution compared to the PS4's Twitch streams at 960 x 540 at 30 FPS.
"For us, we thought that was too limiting for what our fans would want. Our fans really want the full next-gen service, so that's why we decided to take our time, do it right and have it come out in this fashion," said Yusuf Mehdi, VP of marketing and strategy for the Xbox, in an interview quoted by U.S. Gamer.
More than the high resolution, the report states that the upcoming Xbox One Twitch app has an added value of stream archiving, chat and viewer statistics, better Party Chat and the sure ability of streaming a video of themselves via the Kinect.
'Titanfall' Achievements are Here Before the Game is
The much-hyped and awaited game for the Xbox One is almost here, but "Titanfall's" achievements list beats the actual game to the punch as it has been leaked earlier.
LazyGamer has obtained the complete list, and it's a whopping 35 achievements, both for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions. Some are very amusing while others are just down to earth kickass, such as rodeo-killing a Titan for the Ride 'Em Cowboy achievement or dropping a Titan on five enemies for the Death from Above achievement.
Interesting achievements include killing an ejecting Pilot with the Plasma Railgun, creating a custom pilot loadout and a custom titan loadout, and snapping the necks of 10 pilots. It's going to be a rather grisly and fast-paced ride through "Titanfall."
Check out the complete achievements in the link above, but beware of spoilers. The game is coming on March 11 for the Xbox One and PC versions, while the Xbox 360 will be coming in March 25.
'Batman: Arkham Knight's' Batmobile is Like an Xbox 360 Game
Now that the "Batman: Arkham Knight" has been unveiled as a Rocksteady game, it seems that the title is heading to the next-gen consoles Xbox One and PS4 directly for a reason.
Reported by T1.com via the scoop from GameInformer, it seems that the Batmobile alone makes it impossible for the current-gen consoles to run the game, considering that the automobile alone is already worth one entire game on the Xbox 360.
Imagine the Batmobile's details being so massive and many that it needs 160 MB of memory for everything, from the polygons to the textures—making it impossible for the Xbox 360 or the PS3 to carry such a game of that magnitude.
One other interesting detail is that "Batman: Arkham Knight" will be a single player game the whole way, though this may not take away from the experience in the slightest, seeing as how the map will be around five times bigger than Arkham City.
A release date for "Batman: Arkham Knight" has also been pegged for Oct 14 this year, but it seems that Rocksteady is ending the franchise with a bang by introducing the ultimate villain for Batman, giving the call-anytime Batmobile a spin in a very massive city and new modes, takedowns and gadgets to players.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation