The World’s Richest in Technology: Bill Gates Tops Again, Zucherberg is 2013 Top Earner
By Judith Aparri | March 5, 2014 1:49 PM EST
Forbes recently released its yearly billionaires list, highlighting the world's wealthiest people of the world. This year has co-founders of WhatsApp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton in the list. However, their less than $10 billion figures are not that close to the richest guys in technology.
Here are the top 15 richest tech billionaires in the world:
2. Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle) Net Worth: $48 billion
3. Larry Page (CEO of Google) Net Worth: $32.3 billion
4. Jeff Bezos (Founder and CEO of Amazon) Net Worth: $32 billion
5. Sergey Brin (Director of Google X) Net Worth: $31.8 billion
8. Michael Dell (Founder and CEO of Dell) Net Worth: $17.5 billion
9. Paul Allen (Microsoft co-founder) Net Worth: $15.9 billion
10. Azim Premji (Chairman of Wipro Limited) Net Worth: $15.3 billion
11. Charles Ergen (Chairman of Dish Network) Net Worth: $15 billion
12. Laurene Powell Jobs (largest individual shareholder of Disney) Net Worth: $14 billion
13. Ma Huateng (CEO of Tencent Holdings) Net Worth: $13.4 billion
14. Robin Li (CEO of China's top search engine, Baidu) Net Worth: $12.1 billion
15. Shiv Nadar (co-founder of HCL Group) Net Worth: $11.1 billion
Bill Gates not only tops the list of the world's richest in the technology arena, but also tops the overall list of wealthiest people on the planet according to Forbes' ranking. He had the same spot in 2007 and then was in hiatus for four years.
The young Facebook owner and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is the year's highest earner whose wealth spiked from $15.2 billion to $28.5 as the social network shares soared. Facebook has helped produce a number of wealthy people who made it to the overall list, including COO Sheryl Sandberg and vice-president Jeff Rothschild. Furthermore, the mega WhatsApp deal gave Koum and Acton their shares of billions to join the wealthiest line of Silicon Valley.
From 26 newcomers of the overall list of wealthiest people, four comes from technology and 10 are Americans such as Drew Houston and Aneel Bhusri, Dropbox CEO and Workday cofounder respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced