'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': DICE Discusses 'BF4' Netcode and Patches; 'Ghosts' Multiplayer Free on Xbox Live
By Gel Galang | March 5, 2014 1:41 PM EST
"Battlefield 4" has been out for a few months now, but it seems that there are still players who are encountering issues with the game. Because of this, DICE has released an official statement of the issues that they are currently focusing on, perhaps to let the gamers know that they are closing in on addressing certain issues.
"We at DICE are committed to improving the overall Battlefield 4 multiplayer experience for our players. Some issues, commonly referenced in conjunction to 'netcode' are preventing Battlefield 4 from performing optimally for everyone," said DICE over at Battlelog.
DICE is currently dealing with these issues, so those who may be holding in their complaints should check out the following list:
- Rubber banding: issues with the server, where the players are pulled back in the same way as a rubber band before being released, which can be felt particularly for online gaming. DICE will release fixes for packet loss and a customised screen bug for the issue.
- Kill camera delay: gives players the feeling of dying too early. A fix is coming in the next update.
- Tickrate: the developer is exploring ways to increase the tickrate in some servers.
- Instant death while sprinting: a patch is coming for this issue, which can cause immediate death if a player is catapulted at high speed while walking or sprinting.
- No registered damage: some players who can't seem to deal damage on enemies may be experiencing this issue, which is still being studied by the team.
- Out of sync Levolution: this is classified under various items that will be fixed separately. Other issues may be wrong direction firing and impenetrable and indestructible vehicles.
Check out the link above to see the full post.
'Battlefield 4' PS4 Update Released
Speaking of the improvements that DICE is putting in for "BF4," another patch has been released, this time for the PS4.
GameSpot has seen the announcement of the update, which contains fixes for crashes, improvements for general stability and tweaks for the multiplayer mode. There are also improvements made for the Spectator Mode as well as those for the Battledash and Mission create screens.
Weapon tweaks are also included in the update, with tweaks for the SRS bolt action time and a lowered fire rate, tweaked GOL bolt action time, reduced muzzle velocity for the MP7 and the MTAR21, and updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW.
The list of tweaks and updates can be accessed in the link above.
'Ghosts' Free Multiplayer Offered for the Weekend
A free multiplayer demo run is waiting for Xbox One and Xbox 360, a first for the "COD" series. According to Polygon, the free multiplayer weekend starts on Friday, March 7 at 1 pm ET and will be ongoing until Monday.
Those planning to join the multiplayer can expect three maps, Strikezone, Warhawk and Prison Break as well as three competitive multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch, Search and Rescue, and Domination. Extinction mode co-op, Point of Contact, is also available.
This is an interesting move on the part of the developer and publisher, as it has never been done before, yet the free multiplayer event also comes a few days before "Titanfall," which has been compared to "Call of Duty" time and again.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase