'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': DICE Discusses 'BF4' Netcode and Patches; 'Ghosts' Multiplayer Free on Xbox Live
By Gel Galang | March 5, 2014 1:41 PM EST
"Battlefield 4" has been out for a few months now, but it seems that there are still players who are encountering issues with the game. Because of this, DICE has released an official statement of the issues that they are currently focusing on, perhaps to let the gamers know that they are closing in on addressing certain issues.
"We at DICE are committed to improving the overall Battlefield 4 multiplayer experience for our players. Some issues, commonly referenced in conjunction to 'netcode' are preventing Battlefield 4 from performing optimally for everyone," said DICE over at Battlelog.
DICE is currently dealing with these issues, so those who may be holding in their complaints should check out the following list:
- Rubber banding: issues with the server, where the players are pulled back in the same way as a rubber band before being released, which can be felt particularly for online gaming. DICE will release fixes for packet loss and a customised screen bug for the issue.
- Kill camera delay: gives players the feeling of dying too early. A fix is coming in the next update.
- Tickrate: the developer is exploring ways to increase the tickrate in some servers.
- Instant death while sprinting: a patch is coming for this issue, which can cause immediate death if a player is catapulted at high speed while walking or sprinting.
- No registered damage: some players who can't seem to deal damage on enemies may be experiencing this issue, which is still being studied by the team.
- Out of sync Levolution: this is classified under various items that will be fixed separately. Other issues may be wrong direction firing and impenetrable and indestructible vehicles.
Check out the link above to see the full post.
'Battlefield 4' PS4 Update Released
Speaking of the improvements that DICE is putting in for "BF4," another patch has been released, this time for the PS4.
GameSpot has seen the announcement of the update, which contains fixes for crashes, improvements for general stability and tweaks for the multiplayer mode. There are also improvements made for the Spectator Mode as well as those for the Battledash and Mission create screens.
Weapon tweaks are also included in the update, with tweaks for the SRS bolt action time and a lowered fire rate, tweaked GOL bolt action time, reduced muzzle velocity for the MP7 and the MTAR21, and updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW.
The list of tweaks and updates can be accessed in the link above.
'Ghosts' Free Multiplayer Offered for the Weekend
A free multiplayer demo run is waiting for Xbox One and Xbox 360, a first for the "COD" series. According to Polygon, the free multiplayer weekend starts on Friday, March 7 at 1 pm ET and will be ongoing until Monday.
Those planning to join the multiplayer can expect three maps, Strikezone, Warhawk and Prison Break as well as three competitive multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch, Search and Rescue, and Domination. Extinction mode co-op, Point of Contact, is also available.
This is an interesting move on the part of the developer and publisher, as it has never been done before, yet the free multiplayer event also comes a few days before "Titanfall," which has been compared to "Call of Duty" time and again.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?