'Battlefield 4' vs. 'Call of Duty: Ghosts': DICE Discusses 'BF4' Netcode and Patches; 'Ghosts' Multiplayer Free on Xbox Live
By Gel Galang | March 5, 2014 1:41 PM EST
"Battlefield 4" has been out for a few months now, but it seems that there are still players who are encountering issues with the game. Because of this, DICE has released an official statement of the issues that they are currently focusing on, perhaps to let the gamers know that they are closing in on addressing certain issues.
"We at DICE are committed to improving the overall Battlefield 4 multiplayer experience for our players. Some issues, commonly referenced in conjunction to 'netcode' are preventing Battlefield 4 from performing optimally for everyone," said DICE over at Battlelog.
DICE is currently dealing with these issues, so those who may be holding in their complaints should check out the following list:
- Rubber banding: issues with the server, where the players are pulled back in the same way as a rubber band before being released, which can be felt particularly for online gaming. DICE will release fixes for packet loss and a customised screen bug for the issue.
- Kill camera delay: gives players the feeling of dying too early. A fix is coming in the next update.
- Tickrate: the developer is exploring ways to increase the tickrate in some servers.
- Instant death while sprinting: a patch is coming for this issue, which can cause immediate death if a player is catapulted at high speed while walking or sprinting.
- No registered damage: some players who can't seem to deal damage on enemies may be experiencing this issue, which is still being studied by the team.
- Out of sync Levolution: this is classified under various items that will be fixed separately. Other issues may be wrong direction firing and impenetrable and indestructible vehicles.
Check out the link above to see the full post.
'Battlefield 4' PS4 Update Released
Speaking of the improvements that DICE is putting in for "BF4," another patch has been released, this time for the PS4.
GameSpot has seen the announcement of the update, which contains fixes for crashes, improvements for general stability and tweaks for the multiplayer mode. There are also improvements made for the Spectator Mode as well as those for the Battledash and Mission create screens.
Weapon tweaks are also included in the update, with tweaks for the SRS bolt action time and a lowered fire rate, tweaked GOL bolt action time, reduced muzzle velocity for the MP7 and the MTAR21, and updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW.
The list of tweaks and updates can be accessed in the link above.
'Ghosts' Free Multiplayer Offered for the Weekend
A free multiplayer demo run is waiting for Xbox One and Xbox 360, a first for the "COD" series. According to Polygon, the free multiplayer weekend starts on Friday, March 7 at 1 pm ET and will be ongoing until Monday.
Those planning to join the multiplayer can expect three maps, Strikezone, Warhawk and Prison Break as well as three competitive multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch, Search and Rescue, and Domination. Extinction mode co-op, Point of Contact, is also available.
This is an interesting move on the part of the developer and publisher, as it has never been done before, yet the free multiplayer event also comes a few days before "Titanfall," which has been compared to "Call of Duty" time and again.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June