Beware of Fake Samsung Galaxy S5, Metal Version Hinted and New Video Close-up on Handset
By Gel Galang | March 5, 2014 1:32 PM EST
With just a few weeks after the official unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5, it's almost alarming how fast people are able to adapt and create knockoffs of the device.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23.
Into Mobile has spotted a new phone, dubbed the GooPhone S5, and sports the same physical look as the Samsung Galaxy S5. According to the report, the GooPhone S5 costs $299.99, and features a 5-inch full HD screen, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a 13-megapixel rear and a 5-megapixel front camera, and MediaTek's 2Ghz octa-core MT6592 processor.
According to GooPhone's official web site, you can enjoy six hours of talk time and 48 hours of standby. Already, the phone is old out in online preorders, but it's safe to say that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is higher in quality at all levels.
This comes after news of 250 fake Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets have been seized and destroyed in Germany. Phone Arena reports that the shipment of fake Samsung handsets came from Hong Kong, though the counterfeit phones were stopped at the airport before they were able to be sold in Germany.
Another video shows off the Galaxy S5
If you've seen the 30-seconder video of the Samsung Galaxy S5 shown off at the Oscars 2014, you may know that it barely scratches the surface of features that the handset has.
This new video takes another look at the handset, and shows off a number of its features, including the four available colours, battery life, processor, included apps and overall design. It's a pretty simple and straightforward video that tells you all you need to know about the device.
All-metal Samsung Galaxy S5 still rumoured
Even though the reveal of Samsung's latest flagship phone has shown that the brand is sticking to the plastic material that it has been using since before, talk about a premium Samsung handset that features the metal body.
Tech Times reports that there are still claims of Samsung working on the premium metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5, apparently hailing to Samsung's wanting its flagship to gain the same interest and traction as the HTC One.
There is also the speculation over at Android Central, where the rumoured 5.25-inch 1440p flagship takes the spotlight. According to the source, a prime metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 does make sense, if only that it fits in with the Korean company's thrust of providing a wide variety for its handset releases.
But it can also put early buyers of the Samsung Galaxy S5 vanilla version, which was unveiled at the MWC 2014--are we going to be seeing a similar reaction to the Xbox One's Titanfall bundle and slashed prices if Samsung releases a premium Galaxy S5 before the year ends?
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Android L and Windows Phone 8.1: Top Features Why Users Must Upgrade As Soon As Possible
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features