Oppo Finds a Monster 50-MegaPixel Camera for Android Phone Oppo Find 7 - Leaked Photo
By Judith Aparri | March 5, 2014 1:16 PM EST
An image of Oppo Find 7 seen on Weibo seems to have a 50-megapixel camera, an uncommon camera spec on existing mobile devices today. If this is true, the unreleased smartphone will beat its rivals in terms of camera performance, at least in megapixels count.
The EXIF data image indicates the camera's resolution to be 8160 x 6120 as reported by GSM Arena, which labels the image to be taken by Oppo Find 7 itself. Aside from an unexpected powerful camera, the Android smartphone is reportedly packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB RAM and two screen versions - a 5.5-inch display with 2560 x 1440 resolution and a 5-inch unit with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. The lesser 1080p model is tipped to have a 2GB RAM and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 silicon in its pack.
Aside from two screen versions, Oppo Find 7 will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, has removable Li-on 2700 mAh battery and microSD memory card.
When it comes to producing high counts of megapixels in mobile devices, we see that this area has been Nokia's forte. The Finnish phone maker released two devices, Nokia Lumia 1020 and PureView 808 which both have 41MP cameras. Two of the new handsets 2014 has seen so far - Sony's Xperia Z2 and Samsung's Galaxy S5 are packed with 20.7 and 16 MP cameras, respectively. Both were unveiled in the recently concluded Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.
However, fighting in the camera megapixels war does not interest all phone makers. HTC for instance is expected to stick with Ultrapixel technology in its HTC One successor which will be announced on March 5. Reports said that Apple will not go beyond 8 megapixels and the upcoming iPhone 6. The Cupertino giant will either add or improve other features such as aperture, sensor size and stabilization of optical image instead.
Meanwhile, if the specs of Oppo Find 7 and its monster camera are realized, this smartphone will be a stunner, most credit to its 50MP camera. Make sure to check out the amazing photos taken by Find 7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones