'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 2 - Home' Airs on March 5, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 5, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Hold on to your seats, and maybe get yourself some snack, as "American Idol" Season 13 Top 12 performs on the idol stage on March 5, 2014 with the theme "Home."
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
Here's a short recap of what happened on Feb. 27, which was the first finals week elimination round. In Finals Week 1 with the theme "This is Me," Kristen O'Connor was eliminated on the show. Kristen was a wildcard pick, so to some people, there was really no way the judges - Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. - will be using the save. Besides, it was deemed too early in the competition for the judges to be using a save.
Every year, the American Idol judges are allowed to use a save. If an idol finalist gets voted off by the public, the judges have a chance to save the finalist. The save wasn't used on Kristen O'Connor, though. The public and the judges thought that Kristen had to leave the competition.
In an interview carried out by Idol Insider during the American Idol Top 13 Party, Kristen was quoted saying she was so proud of everything she had done, and Kristen was caught smiling as she left the competition. There seemed to be no hard feelings.
For Finals Week 2, the theme is "Home." The top 12 idol finalists is prepping themselves up to give the audience good performances in exchange of the people's votes.
The top 12 finalists are allowed to pick their own songs that remind them of "Home" or what might be their interpretation of it.
According to Reality Rewind, American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips will be coming to perform on the idol stage for the second week of finals. On Feb. 27, Candice Clover performed on the idol stage with her new single from her debut album "Music Speaks."
On Thursday, Mar. 6, it will be Phillip Phillips turn to perform his new single "Raging Fire." The idol winner's Web site stated that Raging Fire is the first single off Phillip's sophomore album, which will be released in spring on 19 Entertainment/Interscope Records.
Phillips won American Idol in 2012 and had a hit with his debut single and AI coronation song "Home."
With the same theme for finals week 2, the Top 12 finalists are definitely in to surprise America and people all over the world. Do you know the songs the Top 12 are singing for Finals Week 2? Watch out for more updates and spoilers for AI Season 13!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2